Chrome delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ddoeyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2021 Yukon and want black out the chrome. For those who have done so did you paint or wrap the chrome parts and also the cost?

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2021 Yukon and want black out the chrome. For those who have done so did you paint or wrap the chrome parts and also the cost?
Do you have a FB? They have 2021 Yukon/Tahoe groups. I see them doing chrome deletes. They can be helpful.

AMA1295

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Following this, I also looked at just buying the factory trim pieces for an RST or Z71 that are already black, curious what the best looking/most cost effective option is.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at my pics in the just pics thread...98% paint, I believe they only used film on the door handles....

HottnesDenali

Reaction score
I would like to black out the center part of my grill too. Some shops said not to paint it bc it will easily chip. Hope GM comes out with a black grill for the Denali like the SLT

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine got painted and clear coated with automotive grade paint. Done thru my dealer, so warranted just as if the factory did it. When done properly, paint is always more durable than film….
Gotta know how to prep it properly……

HottnesDenali

Reaction score
Mine got painted and clear coated with automotive grade paint. Done thru my dealer, so warranted just as if the factory did it. When done properly, paint is always more durable than film….
Gotta know how to prep it properly……
I wish the dealership in NYC would do that. Where are you located?

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indiana….there is a place here called AV4 that does a lot of PU truck and SUV conversions for dealers in the Indianapolis area. That’s who did mine…

HottnesDenali

Reaction score
Indiana….there is a place here called AV4 that does a lot of PU truck and SUV conversions for dealers in the Indianapolis area. That’s who did mine…
Thats was sup. I guess I will have to wait until GM come out with one. They have it for the SLT model

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan