Chrome delete, emblems, and lights all blacked out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Chaospilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not gonna lie... I’m seriously considering the illuminated bow tie in the grill. But that’s it for looks, lift, blower, long tubes, TV, and a full set of Focals, are next.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not really into looks as much as performance, but after 2 weeks of ownership and constantly walking up to the other 10,000 Tahoe’s in my area I decided to make some personalizations. View attachment 251741View attachment 251742View attachment 251743View attachment 251744

Is this an RST? Which trim are you building on?

Could you please share some more regarding what you did to the grille, front emblem, and front headlights to achieve the blackout. A close up of those headlights would be great - they look sweet!
And the taillights - what did you do there specifically? I thought maybe a smoke vinyl wrap, but maybe new installed parts altogether.

Looking good - WELCOME TO TYF!

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not gonna lie... I’m seriously considering the illuminated bow tie in the grill. But that’s it for looks, lift, blower, long tubes, TV, and a full set of Focals, are next.
I think you should do it, would look cool glowing through that blackness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Chaospilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Could you please share some more regarding what you did to the grille, front emblem, and front headlights to achieve the blackout. A close up of those headlights would be great - they look sweet!
And the taillights - what did you do there specifically? I thought maybe a smoke vinyl wrap, but maybe new installed parts altogether.

I had it done by a pro. Lights are all his proprietary blend paint. He did a killer job masking the reverse section, and smoked just enough to have a hint of red. The corners of the headlights where the amber reflectors are blacked out, and the rest of the headlight is smoked. It looks a little blue in the day up close, so I’m going darker. Grill and emblems were plastidip with glossifier. Window trim was painted, and cleared. I’m taking it back on Monday to get the headlights a little darker and maybe change the grill to matte.
High and low beam, reverse, and plate lights are all led now. Probably going to do the brake lights too, undecided on that. All in $600 and it took him about 8 hours.

OP
OP
C

Chaospilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

It’s a “custom” 5.3. I wanted the rear seat delete for my german shepherd and the money I saved from not going RST will be going towards some kind of big power adder, lift, and a super high end sound system.

OP
OP
C

Chaospilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think you should do it, would look cool glowing through that blackness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve just never seen it in person. I love/ envy the Escalades Glow emblem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu