Chime disconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deno

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Gang

I am leaving tomorrow on a road trip and trailering my two atv's. I am getting a "Check Trailer Wiring" error that keeping popping up, it been happening for the last two years. Truck has been to the dealer and everything checks out so I believe there is an issue with the electric brakes. I really don't need the trailer brakes and was wondering if there was a way to eliminate the annoying chime that happens every 30 seconds as 5 hours of listening to it will drive me batty. I've tried removing the trailer brake fuse from under the hood but that doesn't work and I cannot see a fuse for the chime sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Gang

I am leaving tomorrow on a road trip and trailering my two atv's. I am getting a "Check Trailer Wiring" error that keeping popping up, it been happening for the last two years. Truck has been to the dealer and everything checks out so I believe there is an issue with the electric brakes. I really don't need the trailer brakes and was wondering if there was a way to eliminate the annoying chime that happens every 30 seconds as 5 hours of listening to it will drive me batty. I've tried removing the trailer brake fuse from under the hood but that doesn't work and I cannot see a fuse for the chime sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Do all the lights on your trailer work? Are they LED or incandescent bulbs/lights? Do your trailer brakes work at all?

You may be able to unhook the brake wiring from the trailer side (if they don't work at all) and see if it makes a difference. I believe this is the correct wiring diagram.

ddadd7693117ab1dc4030ade0e9e0f4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm a little late... guessing you either figured it out or had to put up with the sound.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout