chevy tahoe tire pressure sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
It says the air in this tire ٢٠٢٠١٠٢٢_١٨١٨٤٦.jpg ٢٠٢٠١٠٢٢_١٨١٨٣٣.jpg is low. I put correct air in all tires, but it still appears all the time! What is the problem?

Ont240

Reaction score
Add more air. Should be about 220 kpa cold.
Use a real gauge at the valve stem!

OP
OP
k1970

k1970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you are low, that's 27 psi on our side. Most of those take 35 psi (242 kilopascals). Do you play in the sand dunes over there?

I always put it at 33 all seasons! Is the corresct pressure 35?
I never played in the sand dunes! .. Ha ha ha!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always put it at 33 all seasons! Is the corresct pressure 35?
I never played in the sand dunes! .. Ha ha ha!

I checked all the tyres. The pressure is correct in all, 35.
On the driver door kick plate or b pillar there should be a placard with the correct tire pressure for the oem tire size and type. Disregard that. Minimum I would run is 33-35 adjusting up from there depending on tire wear and feel of the vehicle.

as for the light on the dash. A sensor isnt reading correctly or something like that. First thing I would try, with truck running or at least key on engine off, 1 tire at a time drop pressure to 15-20 psi starting at passenger side front then refill to at least 35 psi, then move to passenger rear do the same, drop and refill then drivers rear, drop refill, finally do driver front drop and refill. Try to do this quickly, no breaks inbetween tires. See where this gets you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts