Chevy Emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tripp2323

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the Chevy emblem on the back of their 21 Tahoe? I replaced the front one no problem but the back one does not want to come off.

Laredotexas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just pull harder… it will eventually come out. I just replace mine yesterday.

OP
OP
T

Tripp2323

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Feels like it is gonna snap. I’ll give it another go.

emooretc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just did this. I had to pry it away from the tailgate and then slide another plastic pry bar down to push on the clips. I ended up breaking one of the two clips, but the clips will break before the rest of the trim on the tailgate, so as long as you aren't hoping to reuse it, then you should be fine.

As an aside, I am brand new to the forum, so can't post in classifieds yet, but I just re-badged my entire Tahoe to all black, and ended up with a bunch of extra black OEM emblems, and I have the original front Chevy emblem (the one that didn't break). If anyone wants one/any of these, let me know. I will ship them for pretty cheap, would rather get them to people here than putting them on ebay or something.

Attachments

• 20210821_172510.jpg
    20210821_172510.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 6

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Feels like it is gonna snap. I’ll give it another go.
I just did mine yesterday. Front was no issue, rear took a little more effort and I did break 2 of the clips but I was planning on tossing it anyway. I think the best way to remove is insert your trim tool at the top of the badge and push down, not pry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26