Cherry Bomb Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05ChevyBoi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed a new Cherry bomb Vortex exhaust onto my 05 Chevy Tahoe. It is a dual exhaust. But now i constantly smell burning rubber or wires and i cant tell where it is coming from. Also i feel as if i have lost power and acceleration. I did put it on my self. Does anyone know what might be wrong? Also the tips they gave me don't clamp on at all.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the muffler packing oils burning off.

You lost your low end torque because you reduced the back pressure too much with duals.

OP
OP

05ChevyBoi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you know if there is a way to get this low end tourqe back? With the exhaust still on? Also I recently put a quart of oil in my Tahoe, the rubber smell went away and and it ran better. Now its back to to the rubber smell and not running so well.

White knight

Reaction score
Check your oil level and make sure it's not running empty. If you don't know how long it's been, change your oil. Do it every 5k miles.

Check to see if the exhaust pipes are touching anything. Especially around the spare tire in the back. If not, it may just be the cherry bomb breaking in.

Unfortunately the very low end torque needs back pressure, so if you like the duals and cherry bomb, you' re out of luck. The other option is to try a diff muffler with the duals and see if that works better.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD