Check trailer lights in a 2023?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running a hitch rack in my 2023 Tahoe and I randomly get a "check trailer lights" or "check trailer turn signal" error on the dash.

Is this because the lights on my trailer are LEDs?

I ran through the trailer light check in the Infotainment and everything is working like it's supposed to. It's just a 4 pin connection to the hitch brake lights.

Last edited:

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running a hitch rack in my 2023 Tahoe and I randomly get a "check trailer lights" or "check trailer turn signal" error on the dash.

Is this because the lights on my trailer are LEDs?

I ran through the trailer light check in the Infotainment and everything is working like it's supposed to. It's just a 4 pin connection to the hitch brake lights.
Yes, diode lamps give an error. It is necessary to change them to halogen, or put a resistor

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Double check your ground wiring on the rack. These vehicles are fairly sensitive to less than ideal ground. In fact, just check all the wiring to make sure nothing has gotten loose or worn thru the insulation anywhere.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is definitely related to using LED lights on the trailer...bad programming by GM if you ask me.
My boat trailer is all LED lamps, and I oocasionally get a message about left or right turn signals...but turning them on resovles it.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a macro program that checks the lights. I believe the message is telling you to check them, not that there is a problem.

The macro is on the app too. Pretty handy actually.

I have LED's on several trailers. Once you run that check, or manually use both signals it does not come on anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franny