Check Engine Going On/Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution? What was the result? I had a funky, kinda similar issue. The Mgr for my dealers svc dept told me that all the U codes don't really mean anything, and always pop up all the time and that they're harmless. The P and C codes are concerning though. Like others have said, it could be a bad wire. In my case, it was one of the pins in the connector that was loose.

OP
OP
mckdeezle

mckdeezle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution? What was the result? I had a funky, kinda similar issue. The Mgr for my dealers svc dept told me that all the U codes don't really mean anything, and always pop up all the time and that they're harmless. The P and C codes are concerning though. Like others have said, it could be a bad wire. In my case, it was one of the pins in the connector that was loose.

I'm sorry for such a late response but yes the resolution was just a bad connector. Such a simple fix solved everything. So happy it was just that.

I appreciate everyone's expertise on this issue. I am such a space cadet when it comes to cars.

OP
OP
mckdeezle

mckdeezle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Deja vu....‍

The engine light came on AGAIN. More lost communication codes.

The last time they replaced a cable that had bent prongs. Hopefully this is the last time this matter happens

Attachments

• 20240106_095652.jpg
    20240106_095652.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 3

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deja vu....‍

The engine light came on AGAIN. More lost communication codes.

The last time they replaced a cable that had bent prongs. Hopefully this is the last time this matter happens
it's going to be the same issue as before bad ground or connection somewhere.
things don't all go bad at once..... particularly when they are completely unrelated to each other.
if it was something like overtemp, hvac turned off, fan malfucntion, reduced engine power, etc those type's of things are all related to one thing.

blackelky

Reaction score
I really hope they work out the kinks i wanted to get a 3.0 after my tahoe dies

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues