Check Brake System & Traction Control Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hunter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I did a rear brake job on my 2006 Tahoe. Rear pads and changed L/R caliber. When done with job started vehicle and Check Brake System was shown in info center with Traction Disabled, also Red Brake light on and yellow traction light on.
No codes are in system at all. Took vehicle up the road and stayed on. Any suggestions . I have good brake pedal. No ABS light on.
Need help. Thanks

OP
OP
H

Hunter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Only bled l/r caliber the other three bleeders would not open. But got a lot of air out. Bled the caliber multiple times have a very good pedal.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only bled l/r caliber the other three bleeders would not open. But got a lot of air out. Bled the caliber multiple times have a very good pedal.
You need to start at the rr, it’s the farthest from the master so if air got in the line from the lr it’s affecting the rr. You can buy new bleeders and use vise grips to get that rr one off. Then I’d do at least the rr and then lr and see if that fixes it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like what happened to me, proportioning valve got stuck, try unplugging the brake fluid level sensor and see if the brake light goes out if so then that could be what has happened, mine corrected it's self after a couple days, if yours appear to be the same issue you can try doing several hard stops on a side road with no traffic sometimes that corrects it, if it doesn't correct it's self in a couple days you can try bleeding it real slow starting at the rr as mark said.
symptoms of the valve being stuck are:
brake light is on, no code current or saved, light goes out when unplugging fluid level sensor
if you have a tech2 it will not have any codes but will show the fluid level sensor low:yes (even if the fluid level is correct by visual)
only other conditions I know that would cause the same symptoms is the fluid level sensor went bad, or the fluid level got to low and you got air in the abs but that should have a code if that happened.
the traction control light is a non-player in this situation because it is a automatic safety feature if the brakes are faulty for any reason. i.e. brake light switch, wheel sensor, etc and that all parlays into no cruise control as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu