Cheap parts before off to scrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went out to check it out I see the part that connects to steering box and other end connects to column about 12-14 inches long. how does the other part get removed?

If I recall correctly it slips into the steering column. If you remove the portion that attaches to the gear box, you should be able to slide the portion that goes into the steering column down from the engine bay side. If it doesn't come off, I'll take what you are able to remove.

I had actually purchased those pieces new for both my trucks but the shop chromed everything. They only should have chromed the side that interfaces with the shaft in the Engine bay. The plating chemicals caused the knuckle to seize.

Thanks.

Steering Col clsp.JPG

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sir that is what I am looking for.. That will be shipped to my house in Floirda, 32927. That is where I have full access to all of my tools and items needed to get this ready for refinishing etc.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros