Chasing 0455 code for months- Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigbirney

Bigbirney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I may have spoken too soon. CEL popped on yesterday while driving, but I don't smell the fuel anymore when i get out of the truck. Time to get it scanned tonight.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may have spoken too soon. CEL popped on yesterday while driving, but I don't smell the fuel anymore when i get out of the truck. Time to get it scanned tonight.
did you replace the previous parts with oem?, my bet is one of the previous replacements failed either way, there's only so many things that go wrong with the vent system.

OP
OP
Bigbirney

Bigbirney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, everything was replaced with OEM as far as I know, except the EVAP cannister which was just done Thursday, it was replaced with another brand, because they were out of Delco, but it was even more expensive, which I know doesn't equate to better. I don't smell the funky fuel smell anymore when I shut it off and get out of the truck.

It's a Family shop we have used for years.

Part of me thinks now it may be the Gas cap, which we replaced first with new OEM, but the lanyard that attaches it to the truck always seems to wrap around and loosen the cap. It never seems really tight.

If it wasn't my dads old truck i would have set it on fire already.

OP
OP
Bigbirney

Bigbirney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, everything was replaced with OEM as far as I know, except the EVAP cannister which was just done Thursday, it was replaced with another brand, because they were out of Delco, but it was even more expensive, which I know doesn't equate to better. I don't smell the funky fuel smell anymore when I shut it off and get out of the truck.

It's a Family shop we have used for years.

Part of me thinks now it may be the Gas cap, which we replaced first with new OEM, but the lanyard that attaches it to the truck always seems to wrap around and loosen the cap. It never seems really tight.

If it wasn't my dads old truck i would have set it on fire already.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I get long starts sometimes. Been chasing a P0442 for a while now too.
They have to be related.
Do you have an idea what it could be?

After a drive, climb right under it and see if anything is wet. I had a pinhole in a fuel line that gave me long starts because it took time to build pressure. A pinhole could also be the cause of the EVAP leak.

Is it hard to fill ever?

Have you done the typical purge solenoid, vent valve, and charcoal canister? Gas cap?

dross99_si

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a drive, climb right under it and see if anything is wet. I had a pinhole in a fuel line that gave me long starts because it took time to build pressure. A pinhole could also be the cause of the EVAP leak.

Is it hard to fill ever?

Have you done the typical purge solenoid, vent valve, and charcoal canister? Gas cap?

Yes I've done all of the above except the charcoal canister. No trouble when filling up. Never smell gas either. Perhaps it could be a pin hole. Thanks for the suggestion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts