Chasing 0455 code for months- Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigbirney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I am hoping someone can help. I have had 0455 fuel leak code for months. System has been smoked. Purge valve was replaced. Vent valve has been replaced twice. New gas cap. Tank was even dropped the last time. When I get out of the truck I can small gas and usually a week after leaving the shop the light is back on. The gas smells funny, so they thought maybe it was the Sams Club fuel I was using. I run 87 octane with 10% Ethanol. After last repair I have only been using top tier fuels. Anyone have any ideas? Truck is an 07 Suburban with 5.3 Flex motor.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hello, I am hoping someone can help. I have had 0455 fuel leak code for months. System has been smoked. Purge valve was replaced. Vent valve has been replaced twice. New gas cap. Tank was even dropped the last time. When I get out of the truck I can small gas and usually a week after leaving the shop the light is back on. The gas smells funny, so they thought maybe it was the Sams Club fuel I was using. I run 87 octane with 10% Ethanol. After last repair I have only been using top tier fuels. Anyone have any ideas? Truck is an 07 Suburban with 5.3 Flex motor.

Is it ever giving you "long" starts?

OP
OP
Bigbirney

Bigbirney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No it fires up right away. Fuel pump less than 2 years old.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You've got a large leak somewhere. Probably a broken hose or hose connection. Could be EVAP Canister. Do the smoke test again if you have one and have the spare tire out of the way and the truck up in the air so you can see above the gas tank.

OP
OP
Bigbirney

Bigbirney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You've got a large leak somewhere. Probably a broken hose or hose connection. Could be EVAP Canister. Do the smoke test again if you have one and have the spare tire out of the way and the truck up in the air so you can see above the gas tank.
The last time it was smoked, the tank was already down from the truck. The only thing that hasn't been addressed is the EVAP canister. Outside of that we are all at a loss.

omandave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Evap canister was chalk full of crud and threw me the same code when I first acquired my 09 burb.

GM redesigned the canister and the vent hose. The new one needed a 6 inch OEM jumper wire adapter, because they changed the wire plugs too.

Solved my problem...
Good luck.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The canister and vent valve is an easy swap and is a common failure throwing several codes. Most replacement come with the adapter wire but make sure yours does.

OP
OP
Bigbirney

Bigbirney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Was the Evap Canister. Mine was full of smelly fuel and weighed 3 times what they should. Luckily I get discount on labor because the part wasn't cheap. Hopefully no more issues. Truck is damn near new with recently updated parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt