Chase's (BigBearDenali) cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you use solid wire for the strips?
I used 24 gauge stranded wire.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XWN1NL4?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

But I have used solid wire in the past, I ripped some solid wire out of an old Cat-5 network cable. You just have to be careful that the solid wire will not flex and end up breaking. So inside the cluster if should be just fine.

I just redid mine just now with LED strips. I wish I did this initially! @Bigbeardenali1992 not to hijack your thread but I did just the same set up for LEDs as @ScottyBoy and it came out great! Just with stock guage faces

15234684727821434260049.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work @ScottyBoy as usual. I was lucky that my 02 had the twist in bulbs so converting to LED was easy but at the same time the rest of the upgrades for the 02's are limited like the gauge overlays, etc.

04Huck

"I'd rather be lucky than good"
Reaction score
It does look really good. Only thing is that i can see all the idiot lights without them being lit up...brights, cel, awd, tire, o/d...etc.... blinker cutout would be fine but why didnt they just blank out the rest? maybe white overlay is too thick for light to shine thru... i like the white with blue tho... looks good. Nice work Scott, good choice Chase....
My thoughts as well. I LOVE the white with blue needles and the chrome trim rings, just hate being able to see all the idiot lights. That part should be black like factory. Wonder how hard it would be to blend the two....

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts as well. I LOVE the white with blue needles and the chrome trim rings, just hate being able to see all the idiot lights. That part should be black like factory. Wonder how hard it would be to blend the two....

The idiot lights are only on because I was bench testing the cluster. That's the same lights that are lit up with the IGN switch on but the engine not running. With the engine running, those lights will be off.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The idiot lights are only on because I was bench testing the cluster. That's the same lights that are lit up with the IGN switch on but the engine not running. With the engine running, those lights will be off.
I dudnt mean they were on, you can see the outline.... at least it didn’t look like they were on

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dudnt mean they were on, you can see the outline.... at least it didn’t look like they were on
No the lights aren't on, the overlay is different like that. All those can be seen even when the lights are off. That's something I noticed when I bought a cluster with a white Esky overlay and I didn't care for it either. I ended up sending that cluster back and that was one of the reasons why. I thought it was just the place I bought it from but it seems maybe they're all like that?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No the lights aren't on, the overlay is different like that. All those can be seen even when the lights are off. That's something I noticed when I bought a cluster with a white Esky overlay and I didn't care for it either. I ended up sending that cluster back and that was one of the reasons why. I thought it was just the place I bought it from but it seems maybe they're all like that?
Right exactly wut im saying... @Sasquatch ’s look good....
Not that these dont look good but that just dont jive wit me

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes,..understandable... The fact that you can read all the signals without lighting IS the difference,....apparantly some like it and some dont,.. I do.

chevy529

Reaction score
That looks really good! Nice job!

Hesitant to ask but is the X27 more reliable\accurate or what is available today?

Ignore if the question is inappropriate here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts