RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it’s a yard owned by LKQ, you can set up an account and have it notify you whenever they bring a particular vehicle. I have it set up to notify me whenever they bring a suburban, a Yukon, XL, or any of the three esky variants, and I have it setup for multiple yards across the socal area. Weird that your yards don’t bring in SUVs. When I first starting to the yards probably 9 years ago now with my first 1999 Dakota, and then with my 2001 Durango, GMT800 SUVs were few and far between and were almost always pre-2003 rigs. But now they’re pretty much is always at least a handful of 2003-2006 rigs in most of the yards. I didn’t even look at anything else yesterday while I was there. And I should have cuz u need tor solace my steering column covers lol.
That’s a great idea. I’m having trouble finding how to set this up though. It seems like they only want you to enter your vehicle info, and I can’t actually find what I’m looking for in their categories either. [emoji3525] trying to find a 2005-2006 rear glass from a Tahoe / Yukon..

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a great idea. I’m having trouble finding how to set this up though. It seems like they only want you to enter your vehicle info, and I can’t actually find what I’m looking for in their categories either. [emoji3525] trying to find a 2005-2006 rear glass from a Tahoe / Yukon..
I’ve never done a parts search for a specific part so I’m not sure how that works. I just knew how to do the vehicles entered into the “your garage” section so that it emails me whenever they pull one into the yard.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
If it’s a yard owned by LKQ, you can set up an account and have it notify you whenever they bring a particular vehicle. I have it set up to notify me whenever they bring a suburban, a Yukon, XL, or any of the three esky variants, and I have it setup for multiple yards across the socal area. Weird that your yards don’t bring in SUVs. When I first starting to the yards probably 9 years ago now with my first 1999 Dakota, and then with my 2001 Durango, GMT800 SUVs were few and far between and were almost always pre-2003 rigs. But now they’re pretty much is always at least a handful of 2003-2006 rigs in most of the yards. I didn’t even look at anything else yesterday while I was there. And I should have cuz u need tor solace my steering column covers lol.
Too good to list Tahoe or suburban? High class broad over here :cocktail:

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realized last week that I’m over 150k... spark plug time! The last time around my family friend that’s a mechanic took care of it for me, at the jeep shop, but it didn’t cost me a whole lot. This time around I was like nah I’m tired of asking for help.... so I watched several YouTube videos and thought “hmmm I think I can ha for this on my own”...
picked up ACDelco platinum plugs, and figured I should probably do new wires as well so I grabbed those from the parts store. Grabbed dialectic grease for the wires and anti-seize lubricant for the plug threads from the parts store as well and got to it today. I thought it was going to be a difficult job. It wasn’t too bad surprisingly. I was terrified of the pug on cylinder #8 as everyone says that’s the worst one. It was challenging but I actually got it out fairly easily and got the new one in as well. In my opinion, I thought cylinders #1 & #3 were actually quite a bit more difficult as they were right under the alternator bracket and the positive battery lead. Unbolted the bracket, which also is where my catch can is mounted. Moved it out of the way and got enough room to get in and get those two plugs out.
mold spark plug compared to the new one:

FCF7F8ED-2E74-49E7-AD84-67C6BCAA8707.jpeg
Not as bad as I thought it would look, especially considering I had a pretty bad oil leak last year that took a lot to get figured out. New wires: 5A00D65A-A6E6-4A82-813F-F0E649BED9AB.jpeg
Only thing that went not according to plan, was when I went to undo the bolts holding the drivers side engine cover down, I accidentally knocked the ground cable that goes from the firewall and attached the underside of the hood. It just about disintegrated.... thankfully I was able to call the parts store and he’s like yeah I think I have one that’s long enough being yours in with you, and sure enough I got there and it was just about the same length. And mine had play in it so I knew it would work. 3FA41755-0534-421C-9498-8F87DEF7102D.jpeg
And the new one: 44ECCD06-5EE7-45E2-8419-B789B9D3F921.jpeg 12D2AD8D-545F-41A8-BB87-0AE50323C994.jpeg
Cut the factory tape insulation off of the wire loom on the old on, wiggled the new ground into the factory wire loom Andean fresh electrical tape over the split in the loom just because it satisfied my OCD. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plugs and wires all put back together, drivers side top photo, passenger on second photo

2AD56863-2938-4046-86A3-0B48F1A9E30B.jpeg 66B9A957-3DC5-441D-BDA6-A3D8ADAB0305.jpeg
I was worried about not getting the wires connected back up properly, but thankfully these rigs are pretty dummy proof when it comes to the spark plug wires. As I wiggled them back into place I felt a slight click with each one and thought that’s gotta be all the way in. Lol. When they got done the last time #8 cylinder plug didn’t get out in right and t was misfiring slightly at certain throttles and I could tell right away. Our family friend fixed it of course. So I kinda knew what to expect when I fired him up afterwards if I hadn’t done it all correctly. But thankfully, Buttoned everything back up, took him out for a quick test ride to make sure and he’s firing on all cylinders as he should be! Maintenance item handled so I’m happy. 1150 miles overdue but that’s ok. Not a big deal. Lol 2AEE6382-7016-40AB-A4A8-CE53C9D9222E.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094