RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The crew this time around was pretty big for camp! Really rad crew! We get VIP discounts at the O’Neill employee store in south Tustin thanks to our coach Artie, who is one my long time training coaches on my home ski resort as well, so we went shopping on the way home. Got me an igloo cooler made to look like a VW bus, just love the VW buses! Would love to build one one day!

Attachments

• 0AC52924-F8B2-4EE6-94AA-4D186DD66DCC.jpeg
    0AC52924-F8B2-4EE6-94AA-4D186DD66DCC.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 5
  • CED22197-84D0-4FDE-B04E-D28152648490.jpeg
    CED22197-84D0-4FDE-B04E-D28152648490.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also got 20% off of hydro flasks from the O’Neill store so I figured why not let’s try a 20oz for ***** and giggles. I’m a die hard yeti customer so coaxing me to do a hydro flask was a major work. Lol other than it still being expensive I have no complaints yet. Threw a surf to snow sticker on since we got a bajillion of them in our camp goodie bags. Lol

Attachments

• 90965180-5F54-4FE5-B671-4896BD8C2760.jpeg
    90965180-5F54-4FE5-B671-4896BD8C2760.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final photos from camp as we packed up Monday morning to head out. Other than the battery on the trailer dying cuz we didn’t run the generator long enough to charge it, and running out of fresh water Sunday evening as I was trying to take a quick shower, the trailer was great for us. But the water thing was my moms fault... lol she’s not very conservative with water... so in the future I’ll find a trailer with a bigger water tank. Truck did great towing the trailer the short distance we needed to. Threw a MAF sensor code Thursday afternoon as we were about to get on the freeway after we had picked it up. But I think it was just cuz the truck had been working so much through the 105 degree heat at the base of the mountain and then towing. But I had my tech 2 hooked up the whole time and no temperature issue with engine or trans, , cleared the code and it never came back. Even towing the trailer back to the owner. But it was quite a bit cooler Monday morning down in the beach areas. Like below 70.... lol.
All in all it was a fun filled wonderful weekend spent with amazing wonderful people and I’m gonna do it all over again June of next year. Hopefully I’ll get some more surf time in before then.

Also, yes I know.... grille surround paint... been trying to carve out a time to pull it and sand it.... but work has been so crazy hectic and isn’t any less a hectic for the next like 9 days..... :banghead: hopfully I can carve out an hour Or so in the next few days and get it cleared, and then the first week of October I’ll get it repainted when I have use of the garage for a week while I’m at the ranch to keep an eye on the horses and the dogs. Gonna try a different route for repainting it this time so stay tuned on that...

Attachments

• 1993D453-B44B-49F0-A185-5C9629D3A091.jpeg
    1993D453-B44B-49F0-A185-5C9629D3A091.jpeg
    420.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 5B5AD52B-FA52-4B79-9660-458159F6FC85.jpeg
    5B5AD52B-FA52-4B79-9660-458159F6FC85.jpeg
    337.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final photos from camp as we packed up Monday morning to head out. Other than the battery on the trailer dying cuz we didn’t run the generator long enough to charge it, and running out of fresh water Sunday evening as I was trying to take a quick shower, the trailer was great for us. But the water thing was my moms fault... lol she’s not very conservative with water... so in the future I’ll find a trailer with a bigger water tank. Truck did great towing the trailer the short distance we needed to. Threw a MAF sensor code Thursday afternoon as we were about to get on the freeway after we had picked it up. But I think it was just cuz the truck had been working so much threw the 105 degree what at the base of the mountain and then towing. But I had my tech 2 hooked up the whole time and no temperature issue with engine or trans, , cleared the code and it never came back. Even towing the trailer back to the owner. But it was quite a bit cooler Monday morning down in the beach areas. Like below 70.... lol.
All in all it was a fun filled wonderful weekend spent with amazing wonderful people and I’m gonna do it all over again June of next year. Hopefully I’ll get some more surf time in before then.

Also, yes I know.... grille surround paint... been trying to carve out a time to pull it and sand it.... but work has been so crazy hectic and isn’t any less a hectic for the next like 9 days..... :banghead: hopfully I can carve out an hour Or so in the next few days and get it cleared, and then the first week of October I’ll get it repainted when I have use of the garage for a week while I’m at the ranch to keep an eye on the horses and the dogs. Gonna try a different route for repainting it this time so stay tuned on that...
Tell Mom to take Navy showers! LOL

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final photos from camp as we packed up Monday morning to head out. Other than the battery on the trailer dying cuz we didn’t run the generator long enough to charge it, and running out of fresh water Sunday evening as I was trying to take a quick shower, the trailer was great for us. But the water thing was my moms fault... lol she’s not very conservative with water... so in the future I’ll find a trailer with a bigger water tank. Truck did great towing the trailer the short distance we needed to. Threw a MAF sensor code Thursday afternoon as we were about to get on the freeway after we had picked it up. But I think it was just cuz the truck had been working so much threw the 105 degree what at the base of the mountain and then towing. But I had my tech 2 hooked up the whole time and no temperature issue with engine or trans, , cleared the code and it never came back. Even towing the trailer back to the owner. But it was quite a bit cooler Monday morning down in the beach areas. Like below 70.... lol.

I've only got a few chips on my grill after a few years but it's bugging me. I figure when I decide to do it, I'll just buy another aftermarket grill since they're not that expensive and paint it. That way my truck won't be down and also I think it would be way easier than stripping the paint from the old one. IDK.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only got a few chips on my grill after a few years but it's bugging me. I figure when I decide to do it, I'll just buy another aftermarket grill since they're not that expensive and paint it. That way my truck won't be down and also I think it would be way easier than stripping the paint from the old one. IDK.
You had a painter do your grille though. That’s why you’re has lasted all this time. When the shop did my first painted grille his paint actually was in good shape with only a couple little nicks in it. But the sucky part was the plastic tab that holds the metal clip that goes into the fender broke, and it wouldn’t stay in place. I couldn’t figure out how to fix it so I had to replace it. But that’s where it all went down hill.... lol I can’t seem to get the paint to last the right way.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You had a painter do your grille though. That’s why you’re has lasted all this time. When the shop did my first painted grille his paint actually was in good shape with only a couple little nicks in it. But the sucky part was the plastic tab that holds the metal clip that goes into the fender broke, and it wouldn’t stay in place. I couldn’t figure out how to fix it so I had to replace it. But that’s where it all went down hill.... lol I can’t seem to get the paint to last the right way.
JB Weld is your friend.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you still have that grill? You can use JB Weld like Tony said or any number of plastic epoxies and mount a clip on that side.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JB Weld is your friend.

Do you still have that grill? You can use JB Weld like Tony said or any number of plastic epoxies and mount a clip on that side.
I tried every kind of adhesive and epoxy you can imagine. The tab was just in such an awkward place that nothing worked. It kept rebreaking and just wouldn’t stay put.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01