RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had to drive my mom back and forth to AirPod twice last week. I was NOT a happy camper. She flew home from the east coast seeing our family last Thursday and landed at LAX at 9:15pm.... which meant that’s e didn’t leave the airport til after 10 and then had to drive back up the Mountain. :mad: Then did at she flew out to Hawaii to meet up with a good friend of ours, and she waited til the very last minute and asked me to drive her so I had to change my Sunday plans. Irritating. But at any rate she flew out of Ontario airport and there’s an LKQ yard like three blocks form there. So I went in and dicked around for a couple hours and then headed to my sisters house a half hour away in riverside. My passenger side turn signal is doing some very strange things and I have a feeling it might be the clockspring going bad.... I was originally thinking to pull one and I almost did, but in these loaded trucks you gotta fish all the wires out that go to the steering wheel controls and such. I decided when I can verify with my tech2 that it is indeed the clockspring causing my issue, then I only wanna do that work once and it will be with a brand new part. I didn’t want to chance the clockspring in the Denali I found being bad and having to pull it all apart twice so I didn’t grab the clockspring. However, my steering column covers had some broken tabs and it was all janky and ghetto looking. Luckily the Denali I was in and the same interior color as mine so I pulled the steering column covers, the lower plastic trim off the drivers seat, and the drivers door sill, as both of those pieces from my truck had broken mounting tabs. I also ended up pulling the rear bumper cover. Mine is pretty sad... lol
The original steering column cover on my truck... as you can see it’s pretty bad...

1F86BEC1-FDE6-4D0F-9BB0-E35D0612DBE4.jpeg 6C2CD78F-2EE2-4FDD-B61D-E03083F1EB4F.jpeg ADD8A92E-9191-40A2-96AC-B6EC732D56F8.jpeg
Broken tabs: C6EB957C-68A5-43A0-B6E4-335E981384CB.jpeg 63FC12AD-A87D-4E68-88E2-CB6AAC483CA1.jpeg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what circuit in the clockspring would affect the turn signal. Thought that would be in the multifunction switch.

I still need to visit our two LKQ yards to see what they have. Only been to the three UPulls.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what circuit in the clockspring would affect the turn signal. Thought that would be in the multifunction switch.

I still need to visit our two LKQ yards to see what they have. Only been to the three UPulls.
That’s what I was thinking as well.

Well, the clamshell looks much better now Chase! Good work.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Isn’t the clock spring what makes the turn signal shut off after turning the wheel through a turn and then back to center?