RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this already... that’s the issue I’m having... lol. But again I verbalize that my cruise control worked perfectly with the other set of lights I had for the past two years. I will swap them back on because i have a long drive tomorrow, and I will take video showing it working with the old led tails.
Lol......No Chase, I understand your problem.......I was saying that I agree with Mikey that the brake switch is bad....even tho your brake lights are working (no matter which lights are on your truck) the brake switch may still be bad not allowing cruise to work. It’s just a coincidence that you changed lights and cruise stopped working... before changing lights again go grab a brake switch..... cheap an easy to swap out. Good luck

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Reading fast

does your cruise light up on the dash at all?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 for faulty brake switch killing cruise control but not affecting brake lights. I replaced mine about a month ago for this. I believe another member posted of the same problem and solution as well around the same time. Not saying with 100% certainty that the switch is your problem, but your symptoms really point to it and it's a common failure with age.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nope. Nothin.
Trial and error . Take out the tails. Put in stock lights. Or at least some 3157 bulbs with the sockets hanging. Run down the road and get up to about 40ish to see if the cruise works.
What is our bottom speed for cruise anyone know ?

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trial and error . Take out the tails. Put in stock lights. Or at least some 3157 bulbs with the sockets hanging. Run down the road and get up to about 40ish to see if the cruise works.
What is our bottom speed for cruise anyone know ?
30. I just figured that part out. I plugged the old LED tails back in and it set with the old tails in. Which is exactly what I said before. Lol. Cruise control works normally with the these tails plugged in:

image.jpg FF32D082-BBA8-4347-B628-E3ED4A448314.jpeg

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m guessing that the brake switch is operating normally. And that the load resistors on the new tails are not big enough to run the LEDs properly.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send them back for another set.
I already have because the first set wasn’t sealed properly and the passenger side had condensation in it. I’m on my second set of this new style.... lol and I’ll add that the first set functioned identical the second set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17