RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Put a few.mouse traps in there. That'll get his freeloader ass! 1 little mouse can do hundreds, even thousands in damage. Sooner you get rid of him, the better.

NOTE--U've read mice hate dryer sheets. Stick some under your seats.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So yesterday was frustrating to say in the least....
shop had to keep my truck overnight to finish the valley pan gasket. Only for me to discover that a mouse had gotten into my truck overnight in the shop.... :banghead:
when the tech came to pick me up on his test drive to make sure truck was all good I noticed a pile of insulation on the floor in front of my front passenger seat... I’m like where the hell did that come from it wasn’t there yesterday when i left the truck.... then I notice when we pull back into the shop that my cluster is showing the service stability system warning.... I’m like that definitely wasn’t happening yesterday. And all the tech said wa so don’t know I didn’t do anything electrical.... needless to say I was pretty pissed. I remember reading here in some threads that when the service stability system warning appears it most likely caused by a discrepancy somewhere in the electrical system in the truck...
so after I finished my morning appointment I rolled back here and unbolted my front passenger seat. Found mouse poop and two torn wires coming from the front most electrical plug under the front passenger seat, which I believe is the airbag power harness, but I’m not positive on that.

View attachment 250467 View attachment 250468
Sonofa! That’s messed up!

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my tailgate handle has been loose for about a month or so now. Kinda annoying went to really annoying on Wednesday when the clip on the backside of the handle that connects to latch mechanism decided to snap.... at the junkyard just after a stop into the paint shop to get some valspar paint for a project on the Nali. DAMMIT!!!! :banghead:
Played with some junkyard tail gates to see how the latch mechanism works and how they disassemble. But couldn’t pull a whole handle assembly. Ordered a new textured black plastic handle assembly on amazon yesterday. I think it was like $18. Fortunately it got delivered today, and because I had the paint ready to go I started painting this afternoon. It came out really really good.

F80419B8-F029-4102-B6CC-33353164E7C5.jpeg B79E1443-4336-4235-BB7B-9F9985C7154A.jpeg B39638C9-496E-44B7-9C7C-7AE6F5720D5A.jpeg

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna let it sit for two days and then hopefully Sunday I can figure out getting it swapped.
Meanwhile I’m trying to work everyday and I had to leave the interior tailgate panels split so I can reach into the inside of the tailgate and release the latch to be able to work. Quite annoying... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop