RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Stagecoach dance competition round two! Left big bear this morning under very crystal-clear beautiful blue skies! Lots of miles happening on the Denali today and I’m driving to San Diego to pick up my dad’s partner and driving all the way back to Indio driving her back to San Diego and then driving all the way back to big bear! Got the trip computer logging all the miles so far!

View attachment 241848 View attachment 241849 View attachment 241850

Thought of you yesterday. Went to Texas Roadhouse for a big ol ribeye for my birthday dinner (didn't tell them, lol). The kid in the booth next to us was also celebrating, and the whole waitstaff came and did a big line dance for him!

Go get em, man! You'll do great!

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought of you yesterday. Went to Texas Roadhouse for a big ol ribeye for my birthday dinner (didn't tell them, lol). The kid in the booth next to us was also celebrating, and the whole waitstaff came and did a big line dance for him!

Go get em, man! You'll do great!
That’s awesome!

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well..... looks like stagecoach is out this year :(
No win at competition last night. Not gonna lie I’m pretty disappointed in myself right now. Nali is filthy from 563 miles in a single day. Slept through the first half of the day and I fkinda feel like crud. Gotta get the energy up to go clean up the Nali. At least he ran good through all the driving. Burned through quite a bit of fuel....

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Well..... looks like stagecoach is out this year :(
No win at competition last night. Not gonna lie I’m pretty disappointed in myself right now. Nali is filthy from 563 miles in a single day. Slept through the first half of the day and I fkinda feel like crud. Gotta get the energy up to go clean up the Nali. At least he ran good through all the driving. Burned through quite a bit of fuel....

Boo!

Can't win em all, Chase. You'll get em next time. Wash that beast up and give Jennifer a call! You'll feel better then.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boo!

Can't win em all, Chase. You'll get em next time. Wash that beast up and give Jennifer a call! You'll feel better then.
It’s supposed to rain/snow tomorrow so I’m gonna hold off on the bath for the Nali for now. But damn it.... I wanted to win SO BAD!!! I stepped it up and got pretty wild and was just having a blast on the dance floor. And it still wasn’t good enough. The whole thing just bugs me because it’s one big clique, and if you’re not in it, they definitely make it known, and that’s exactly what happened last night. I’m honestly just considering quitting the whole dance world because I’m tired of not being good enough. I’m tired of being the one that everyone dumps on just because I’m a small town kid that is different than the elites.

end rant..... lol

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp.... damn coronavirus is causing havoc. Was supposed to be headed out on my first solo road trip to mammoth in the morning tomorrow to prep for my level 3 snowboarding exam, the first half of the exam process on Tuesday and Wednesday. Not only did I get a call from the lodge at the resort to get word that mammoth is shutting down indefinitely, which means my exam is cancelled, I get emailed information from professional ski and snowboard instructors of America(my instructor organization) that exams are cancelled, and I get emails from our bosses here that all resorts within the Alterra network are shut down indefinitely. Which includes Big Bear mountain Resorts which is here where I work. Crap storm all ruining my three and a half day get away to go take my exam. Which I got a scholarship to pay for it this year! Ugh.....
I was in the garage at my best friends parents prepping the Nali tonight for the trip when I got the heads up!
on the upside since I’m now not going to stagecoach, I will be free the last weekend in April, which is when we have our big annual western division ski and board instructor convention, and if the resorts open back up and convention is still good to go, there will be a level 3 exam going on during convention. So I will be able to go for convention and take the exam and still use my scholarship! So fingers crossed that I can go to convention and take my exam!

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp.... damn coronavirus is causing havoc. Was supposed to be headed out on my first solo road trip to mammoth in the morning tomorrow to prep for my level 3 snowboarding exam, the first half of the exam process on Tuesday and Wednesday. Not only did I get a call from the lodge at the resort to get word that mammoth is shutting down indefinitely, which means my exam is cancelled, I get emailed information from professional ski and snowboard instructors of America(my instructor organization) that exams are cancelled, and I get emails from our bosses here that all resorts within the Alterra network are shut down indefinitely. Which includes Big Bear mountain Resorts which is here where I work. Crap storm all ruining my three and a half day get away to go take my exam. Which I got a scholarship to pay for it this year! Ugh.....
I was in the garage at my best friends parents prepping the Nali tonight for the trip when I got the heads up!
on the upside since I’m now not going to stagecoach, I will be free the last weekend in April, which is when we have our big annual western division ski and board instructor convention, and if the resorts open back up and convention is still good to go, there will be a level 3 exam going on during convention. So I will be able to go for convention and take the exam and still use my scholarship! So fingers crossed that I can go to convention and take my exam!
Good luck Chase!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17