RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.... had to have my water pump replaced today... :banghead:ugh
Did the water pump and t-stat housing in 2016 at roughly 100k miles. Ironically this time around the pump itself wasn’t bad, just the gasket around it was starting to seep coolant. But apparently you can’t get just the gasket anywhere.... so whole kitten kaboodle got done. And then right afterwards I hauled ass down the mountain to Anaheim for a dance night to get ready for stagecoach competition coming up. Kept temp the whole way so that’s a plus!

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pro tip I learned from a high end detailer I follow on Instagram that’s also a good buddy.
TIRES! Even after scrubbing them during a wash often times they will still have a layer of nasty brown gunk covering the rubber. It’s actually a chemical in the rubber compound that has oxidized onto the outer edge of the tire. To get rid of it, grab yourself a can of stoner tarminator, it’s an aerosol can designed to remover pitch, tar, and tree sap. Spray a bit on a rag and start scrubbing your tires, it’ll 86 that brown gunk, pull off any old residual tire shine, leave your tire with a natural grey sheen, which is actually what the tire is supposed to look like clean. This is what my tires look like after wash and then a scrub with tarminator, they look like they’re dressed with shine but they are not.

View attachment 238124
Doing this extra step to your tires will also help eliminate tire shine fling off, and will make your tire shine last longer on your tires because the tire shine is actually applied the rubber of the tire instead being applied over the layer of brown gunk.

Thanks for this little tip. I picked up a can at O'Reilly's today and will see how it goes on the NNBS as it has some tire bloom.

Better lighting this morning! Please excuse the water from the rain that I didn’t have time to dry off before leaving for work.... :banghead:
I’m no @Fosscore when it comes to clean shots of my ride.... lol

I beg to differ.....I don't have to contend with snow, ice and salted roads but that ever present sea breeze out of the east puts a nice film on the paint almost instantly. lol. You have the detail game well in place though. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this little tip. I picked up a can at O'Reilly's today and will see how it goes on the NNBS as it has some tire bloom.

I beg to differ.....I don't have to contend with snow, ice and salted roads but that ever present sea breeze out of the east puts a nice film on the paint almost instantly. lol. You have the detail game well in place though. :thumbsup:
Now I need to get a better phone that takes better quality pictures like yours haha

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rolled over 135k in my way down the mountain again tonight! Rackin up the miles on the road tank for dance nights in Anaheim in prep for my first stagecoach competition next week at a nightclub called the ranch! But you know what?! I love traveling in my Denali!! So fun to open up the throttle and hear that rumble and cruise through the corners!

0458E065-CE8B-4BF8-8426-57F08EB87241.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well.... had to have my water pump replaced today... :banghead:ugh
Did the water pump and t-stat housing in 2016 at roughly 100k miles. Ironically this time around the pump itself wasn’t bad, just the gasket around it was starting to seep coolant. But apparently you can’t get just the gasket anywhere.... so whole kitten kaboodle got done. And then right afterwards I hauled ass down the mountain to Anaheim for a dance night to get ready for stagecoach competition coming up. Kept temp the whole way so that’s a plus!
Who said you can’t get a water pump gasket? Every auto parts store sells them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons