RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been avoiding dealing with having my AWD differentials serviced just because I haven’t had the time. So I watched a few YouTube videos on it and decided to tackle it myself. Took the morning off from detailing today and dove in. Interestingly my rear diff does not have a drain plug on it, just the full plug. So I had to disassemble and do a full service not just a drain and refill. Surprisingly was not that difficult. Glad I took the time to hammer it out. Especially before my short LA road trip this weekend. But it’s done and off my plate. I had picked up a new gasket for the rear diff cover, despite the guy I know at the parts store telling me not to because he also has several Chevy trucks and that the OEM diff cover was a pretty good one. Got the cover off and sure enough he was right... gasket looked perfect. So I didn’t see the need to rip it off the cover. Put a little RTV on the cover before reinstalling as 1aauto’s video instructed. So far no leaks.
Swapped out the fluid in the front diff as well. That sucker is a pain in the ASS to refill!! Lol. Took forever. But it’s done and off I’m going to work now which is cool!

43F43EF9-34CC-44EC-AABE-5148B2DC36ED.jpeg 5922829A-8D52-4723-8376-A0561694371D.jpeg

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: this post is only mildly truck related.... buts it’s MY build thread and sometimes it less about the build of my truck and more about my truck being a part of my every day life... so DEAL WITH IT!! :D
Anyways, finished up work early today which was a nice change up. Fueled up the Nali, picked up my mama, and we rolled down to San Dimas where my close friend Ellie is a senior at a small bible school called life Pacific college, so we could see her fall theater production, of which she had the lead role! They did a rendition of pride and prejudice, she played Mrs. Bennett, and absolutely nailed her performance! Of course post show we had to take photos! Lol me, my mom and Ellie in full costume in this pic. Same close friend that went out to route 91 with me in Vegas two years ago. She’s much like a little sister to me so being able to support her in her productions is a must for me and my mom!

E1671753-3894-4497-A1B7-D26FE1DDBFA6.jpeg
Also I love that my truck is so reliable. I never have to think twice about getting in and going on a trip. I can just go! Side bar: small paint update coming in the next few days so stay tuned for that...

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: this post is only mildly truck related.... buts it’s MY build thread and sometimes it less about the build of my truck and more about my truck being a part of my every day life... so DEAL WITH IT!! :D
Anyways, finished up work early today which was a nice change up. Fueled up the Nali, picked up my mama, and we rolled down to San Dimas where my close friend Ellie is a senior at a small bible school called life Pacific college, so we could see her fall theater production, of which she had the lead role! They did a rendition of pride and prejudice, she played Mrs. Bennett, and absolutely nailed her performance! Of course post show we had to take photos! Lol me, my mom and Ellie in full costume in this pic. Same close friend that went out to route 91 with me in Vegas two years ago. She’s much like a little sister to me so being able to support her in her productions is a must for me and my mom!

View attachment 234280
Also I love that my truck is so reliable. I never have to think twice about getting in and going on a trip. I can just go! Side bar: small paint update coming in the next few days so stay tuned for that...

San Dimas High School football rules!

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Nice job Chase. Now what’s this “ invisible super cleaner” all about? You might be helping me spend more money on CG products. Is it a super cleaner that’s good for the engine compartment?
STOP POSTING THESE COOL CG PRODUCTS!!! :mad:

Back to the regularly scheduled program.

So Hydro Slick, Hydro Charge and Jet Seal? I can read what CG writes about them, but curious about your opinion and why and/or when to use them all or just one or the other?

Let's focus on the daily driver or even driven a couple of times per week, but parked outside. Garage queens are important too, but they get to hide away from the elements.... @HiHoeSilver

Thx Chase. Time to get @Rocket Man to buy a few more products at your input of course. lol
I’m gonna have to build a set of shelves just for CG products if this keeps up.
I need better detailing products. Is the CG stuff good stuff to start with for a beginner?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justin Case