RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So catch can got it delivered Friday that I bought from @Fosscore ! He packaged it up quite nicely for its cross country trip out to me! And he was a big help and answered all my newbies questions about how to hook it up and the adjustment screw on the bracket to rearrange it on the bracket so that the drain on the bottom of the can would not interfere with my belts! Thanks for all the help buddy! Went to install it yesterday evening after my work day. Big thanks to @iamdub for answering my questions on how to mount it to the alternator bracket! Only issue that I ran into was the bolt that came off the alternator was not long to secure the bracket back to the alternator bracket. It wasn’t catching enough thread with the extra length of the catch can bracket in the way. So after church this morning I stopped into my local DIY hardware store and grabbed an M6x20 bolt, identical to the alternator bolt and with an 8mm bolt head, just a tad bit longer. That did the trick and secured the catch can bracket to the side of the alternator. Hooking the lines up was pretty easy with micheals instructions haha. Threw some hose clamps on the 3/8 hoses I picked up from the parts store just for a little added security on the ends of the hoses where they connect. So far so good! The bolt I picked up from the hardware store to mount to the alternator bracket:

58456950-FA7B-4234-89AF-D6E4E7727932.jpeg
Can hooked up and ready to go: F78FF7AE-C35B-4343-86A8-056F0142FE76.jpeg 9483BF62-3849-419A-8117-BABBA170100F.jpeg
I was pretty careful to route the lines under the engine cover in the little U shaped openings along the lower side edge and it worked perfectly.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job Chase. Now what’s this “ invisible super cleaner” all about? You might be helping me spend more money on CG products. Is it a super cleaner that’s good for the engine compartment?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the 15mm bolt that secures the alternator to the bracket. Although, with the size of handle on your drain, where you have it is probably your only option. Hey, it's mounted and in a good spot! Looking forward to seeing what it catches.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job Chase. Now what’s this “ invisible super cleaner” all about? You might be helping me spend more money on CG products. Is it a super cleaner that’s good for the engine compartment?
It’s a good all around multi purpose cleaner. Water based so safe under the hood.

2C7984B4-384D-4C52-9AC2-AD468560A8E7.jpeg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a good all around multi purpose cleaner. Water based so safe under the hood.

View attachment 232982

STOP POSTING THESE COOL CG PRODUCTS!!! :mad:

Back to the regularly scheduled program.

So Hydro Slick, Hydro Charge and Jet Seal? I can read what CG writes about them, but curious about your opinion and why and/or when to use them all or just one or the other?

Let's focus on the daily driver or even driven a couple of times per week, but parked outside. Garage queens are important too, but they get to hide away from the elements.... @HiHoeSilver

Thx Chase. Time to get @Rocket Man to buy a few more products at your input of course. lol

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha!! Exactly what I was thinking.. do tell!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So Hydro Slick, Hydro Charge and Jet Seal? I can read what CG writes about them, but curious about your opinion and why and/or when to use them all or just one or the other?

Let's focus on the daily driver or even driven a couple of times per week, but parked outside. Garage queens are important too, but they get to hide away from the elements.... @HiHoeSilver

Thx Chase. Time to get @Rocket Man to buy a few more products at your input of course. lol
I’m gonna have to build a set of shelves just for CG products if this keeps up.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yup that’s what I’m good for! Making you spend money on CG!!! Haha.
Jetseal is great stuff! That’s my go to thick sealant. Used it for many years a winter sealant for all my clients. I’m on board with hydro slick 100% after using it for the last month. It’s absolutely amazing! Sucks to have to apply by hand! But worth the work for the protection and water beading tech!! And the shine.... it’s unreal
How much shine is capable with this stuff! Sealing most of my clients vehicles with it right now in prep for winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt