RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also had to hit chemical guys headquarters to get my new torq polishing machine fixed under warranty. Figured I’d kill two birds with one off the mountain trip. Turns out the power cord was loose and shorting out. Easy fix. Caught this beauty rollin into Gardena! I love southern California’s car culture! Just a mundane Monday morning errands trip and you get to spot antiques just rollin out playing in the sun!

03C2F288-D404-43D2-B972-40116EDB51B4.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How’d did you win product?
Everything in the store is on sale. So I stock up on what I need for working. And when you buy product they give you raffle tickets. The more you spend the more tickets they give you. The laar couple times I spent more and had more tickets, and won more stuff. Lol. But even only winning one kit still is pretty awesome! Won a leather care kit, 16oz leather cleaner, 16oz conditioner, a set of towels, a pack of applicators, and their specialty horse hair brush that’s made specifically for leather detailing! Like $80 worth of product right there!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Chase, can I ask what you would use on some Esky roof rack parts? Just not sure if I can / should polish the stainless parts or not. I’m guessing they may have a clear coat on them. Any help is much appreciated. a6e3120dca1b7a63c1e952186adc15f9.jpg

Also wondering what I should repaint the rails with..?bc00f85d2ae9982ff6482bc6571ee155.jpg

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Chase, can I ask what you would use on some Esky roof rack parts? Just not sure if I can / should polish the stainless parts or not. I’m guessing they may have a clear coat on them. Any help is much appreciated. a6e3120dca1b7a63c1e952186adc15f9.jpg

Also wondering what I should repaint the rails with..?bc00f85d2ae9982ff6482bc6571ee155.jpg
I don’t think the chrome bits have any clear coat on them. I used chemical guys heavy metal polish and then a round of their V38 light polish to clean them up. It was a fairly easy job. They’re awkward to polish with a machine but it’s doable. Mine polished up pretty well. They’re not perfect, by any means, but a lot better than when what they looked like when I got them. My cross rails are color matched to my truck. I had a body shop do mine. But I’d assume because they’re metal you can sand them down and paint with any of the popular rattle cans that we all use here. I’m sure the coded paint from automotivetouchup.com will work. Maybe some of the other paint pros, @05Single , @Fosscore , @Rocket Man can chime in with a suggestion for you on painting those cross rails?
Edit: the caps can definitely be painted with any of the rattle can paint that’s color coded to your paint code that everyone uses here!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think the chrome bits have any clear coat on them. I used chemical guys heavy metal polish and then a round of their V38 light polish to clean them up. It was a fairly easy job. They’re awkward to polish with a machine but it’s doable. Mine polished up pretty well. They’re not perfect, by any means, but a lot better than when what they looked like when I got them. My cross rails are color matched to my truck. I had a body shop do mine. But I’d assume because they’re metal you can sand them down and paint with any of the popular rattle cans that we all use here. I’m sure the coded paint from automotivetouchup.com will work. Maybe some of the other paint pros, @05Single , @Fosscore , @Rocket Man can chime in with a suggestion for you on painting those cross rails?
Edit: the caps can definitely be painted with any of the rattle can paint that’s color coded to your paint code that everyone uses here!
I had my buddy who owns a body shop sand the sh*t out of the chrome and spray & clear coat it. I hate chrome lol. Yes it’s just regular ol chrome.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chase!! Very good info! Planning on doing the caps with my automotive touch up paint, but I hadn’t considered matching the cross rails. Hmm.. [emoji16][emoji106]

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the cross rails matched. Gives it a nice little touch over the work factory metal look. Lol
Definitely ! Not sure what I’m going to do with those yet. Maybe I’ll leave them off until I decide. I think you have to take the end caps off to get the rails installed, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons