RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope I never have to pm you about this. There’s no YouTube vids on this is there ?
There’s no videos that I found on replacing the track pieces. There is however a video that a guy posted cuz he was fixing his sunshade and in it he shows how to remove the glass. It’s pretty simple. But beyond that there’s nothing overtly helpful.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s no videos that I found on replacing the track pieces. There is however a video that a guy posted cuz he was fixing his sunshade and in it he shows how to remove the glass. It’s pretty simple. But beyond that there’s nothing overtly helpful.
I certainly understand what you mean about the frustration with the sunroof now.. I got my clips / springs from the junkyard today. When trying to install them, I broke the passenger side, while trying to reattach to the metal air deflector, and broke another part on the driver side, which attaches to the deflector on the driver side. Also managed to get dirty fingerprints in a few spots of the headliner! What a drag. Really screwed it up while trying to fix mine. [emoji2959]

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I certainly understand what you mean about the frustration with the sunroof now.. I got my clips / springs from the junkyard today. When trying to install them, I broke the passenger side, while trying to reattach to the metal air deflector, and broke another part on the driver side, which attaches to the deflector on the driver side. Also managed to get dirty fingerprints in a few spots of the headliner! What a drag. Really screwed it up while trying to fix mine. [emoji2959]
Yeah.... I know how that goes exactly. I broke a set on a freshly pulled into the yard Z71 burb, trying to figure out how to get them out. Which led me to find the Escalade that I got the clips off of, and had to gently pull them out.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So glad I don't have a sunroof! I think it's a GM thing. My mother had a Buick Rainier with the same exact sunroof problem--those plastic clips broke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505