RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I think it is the end of the world! I heard Alaska is having a heat wave!!
It was hotter than the Philippines two days ago. As soon as you step outside you immediately start sweating. Broke all time records day after day past 2 weeks. Everybody is dying here, I love it lol.

Damn dude! That’s tons of work! You’re a beast!
I’ll never finish in time :smh:

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after the last truck project was an absolute nightmare(my sunroof and fixing the track pieces) I decided it was time for a project that would be fun. And if you know me at all, you know that I absolutely DESPISE anything electrical, because I’m terrible at it and I get irritated that I’m so bad with electrical projects.

So with that in mind, I followed in @Rocket Man ’s tracks and bought new headlights for my truck. I had the same halo ring housings that he did only mine had clear lenses instead of smoked. Well mine too were peeling and showing age despite only being two years old. I really wanted the anzo U-Bar style but I couldn’t just the price tag on those, given that I’m trying to save up for a new coat of paint and clear coat for my entire truck. It’s needs new paint bad. So I went with a slightly cheaper set but still something different than what everyone else has. Wanted something different and custom, yet simple and easy. Well I got just that. Most important tool for any job, a tumbler full of coffee: lol

C8858D88-8E57-4257-8002-3EDD2256CBBE.jpeg 32F96904-1AD2-4FBD-9C6A-A340A0C53C8B.jpeg

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also my wiring situation behind the headlights was atrocious! @05Single will probably scold me for it given his lighting and wiring genius.... :D and my DRL sockets were a bit crispy... so I also replaced those with new ones.
I had some pigtails laying around from lord only knows which project, that look like the the OEM pigtail for the headlights, that holds the bulb. So I went to NAPA, and picked up the opposite side of the pigtail so that I could wire in the two wires from the tube style LED in the new housing to the pigtail. Now there’s only two extra wires behind my headlights and they can be detached so that if I need to work on something and have the headlights removed, they can come out and be out of the way, where the previous housings were stuck with wires. A before shot of the wire mess:

07624D3A-8ACA-4C69-B35D-23263C681155.jpeg
The new pigtails on either side! Soooo much cleaner now!! 20BA0753-C5C8-4D19-9F03-61CE24F3AB69.jpeg 1E215D5A-462B-4158-A077-74B29CCA39FA.jpeg 52D69600-CF3D-45FD-8CE1-C5B44DC63088.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after the last truck project was an absolute nightmare(my sunroof and fixing the track pieces) I decided it was time for a project that would be fun. And if you know me at all, you know that I absolutely DESPISE anything electrical, because I’m terrible at it and I get irritated that I’m so bad with electrical projects.

So with that in mind, I followed in @Rocket Man ’s tracks and bought new headlights for my truck. I had the same halo ring housings that he did only mine had clear lenses instead of smoked. Well mine too were peeling and showing age despite only being two years old. I really wanted the anzo U-Bar style but I couldn’t just the price tag on those, given that I’m trying to save up for a new coat of paint and clear coat for my entire truck. It’s needs new paint bad. So I went with a slightly cheaper set but still something different than what everyone else has. Wanted something different and custom, yet simple and easy. Well I got just that. Most important tool for any job, a tumbler full of coffee: lol

View attachment 226488 View attachment 226489
I like those. We need more pics when you get them both done. Nighttime pics too of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts