Charging system upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jeremiahm

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the extra negative battery to frame I used the bolt location holding the rubber splash guard in the passenger side fender.

IMG_1276.JPG IMG_1277.JPG

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about the NBS? I see that the plugs and terminal are changed, but would it work?
I would love to give you an answer, but I just don't have enough information to either confirm OR deny.

Now my little trick for this, take that OEM part number to Advance/AutoZone and get the part and test fit it. If it works, you're in business.....if it doesn't fit return it, no harm, no loss

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to give you an answer, but I just don't have enough information to either confirm OR deny.

Now my little trick for this, take that OEM part number to Advance/AutoZone and get the part and test fit it. If it works, you're in business.....if it doesn't fit return it, no harm, no loss
Be careful. Some places won't let you return "electrical" parts. You might save time and trouble by taking photos of what you have, and comparing to the alternator as it sits on the parts counter.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be careful. Some places won't let you return "electrical" parts. You might save time and trouble by taking photos of what you have, and comparing to the alternator as it sits on the parts counter.
Valid statement and option. I have a working relationship with most of the part suppliers around town, so it's never been an issue for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518