Changing Plugs and Wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With wires its more age. Plugs definitely change. Parts are cheap, maybe 200 for AC Delco. Will perform better.
Theres no need to blow $200 for AC Delco parts for the spark plugs and wires. Can be done easily for less than $60 with decent quality parts that will last.

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new to me 03 has 285'ish and runs fine, but plugs and wires are on the list to do, since I do not know the history.

The time to "check" the plugs, is the same to change them. only the cost of the parts.

Nothing worse then trying to check the plugs, and having a couple wires tear apart on you. Now you have to get another ride to auto parts store to get a set of wires you did not have plans to change.

get a set of wires and plugs and just change them.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rockola: I disagree -AC Delco wires are about 60 a set. Plugs are AC Iridium and you WANT AC Delco or NGK... Any set of good wires and Iridium plugs and is going to run 150-200 total.

Some of the stuf on Ebay and Amazon thats cheap are counterfeit plugs.

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered mine. AC Delco wires are > $60 and platinum plugs are > $3 ea. So inside of $80 for standard wires and plugs. The NGK Iridium are $5.25 ea, so inside of a $100 for wires and Iridium plugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne