Changing cloth to leather...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wingsfan26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, I was worried about wiring up the power functions of a new set of seats that were a higher trim level (heat and such) . My seats were basic movement power with manual back adjustment. By getting the stock seats redone in Leather, I kept all of the stock functions. But my local shop also offered an option to Upgrade to a aftermarket heated option. They mounted the switch on the side of the seat.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

DRKN57

Reaction score
I'm way late on this but I just wanted to add, for anyone who comes across this thread in a future google search...

Leatherseats.com will sell kits by row if you call. I believe it's $580 per row. When I did my truck I did the first and second rows but not the third, they tried hard to talk me into doing the third row too but in the 8 years that i've owned the truck i've used the third row seats 3 times, and that was in the first two years of ownership. Since then they've been used as a shelf in my basement. But they did tell me that if I decide to do the third row in the future that the kit would be $580, would have been only $300 if I did it along with the other two rows.
Great information! Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm way late on this but I just wanted to add, for anyone who comes across this thread in a future google search...

Leatherseats.com will sell kits by row if you call. I believe it's $580 per row. When I did my truck I did the first and second rows but not the third, they tried hard to talk me into doing the third row too but in the 8 years that i've owned the truck i've used the third row seats 3 times, and that was in the first two years of ownership. Since then they've been used as a shelf in my basement. But they did tell me that if I decide to do the third row in the future that the kit would be $580, would have been only $300 if I did it along with the other two rows.
I used to work there. Good people over at leatherseats. Got pics?

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know some of yall have swapped out seat covers in your trucks... I'm looking to do the front seats and I'm just wondering ballpark of what it cost yall... I think katzkin has done fallen and bumped their heads... they want $1400 to do just the drivers and passenger seats...
Dont be poor. You can do it right or cheap. Cheap- get seat covers. Right- go to an upholstery shop. Pay the thousand to get new installed. Or visit leatherseats.com, katzkin, roadwire, seatshop, etc, order them for a few hundred amd install em yourself. Amything under a grand installed will be complete trash. If they arent terrible, get them repaired

OP
OP
PPV12HOE

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont be poor. You can do it right or cheap. Cheap- get seat covers. Right- go to an upholstery shop. Pay the thousand to get new installed. Or visit leatherseats.com, katzkin, roadwire, seatshop, etc, order them for a few hundred amd install em yourself. Amything under a grand installed will be complete trash. If they arent terrible, get them repaired
It ain't about being poor... and the $1400 price was just the covers from katzkin... not installed... if it would have been the installed price I would have already done it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63