Changed the look of my door handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mazdawg(Mikey)

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
I don't want to stray too far off topic. But props to you for rolling 26's on SC roads. I LOVE the look, and those are the exact wheels I'd pick. But no way I'd try that around here!
wanna know whats even ballsier? my wife drives it daily. these roads do suck terribly and ive had to lecture her about reading the road and avoid potholes and such. looking back i kinda wish i gotten 24s and left it lower.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wanna know whats even ballsier? my wife drives it daily. these roads do suck terribly and ive had to lecture her about reading the road and avoid potholes and such. looking back i kinda wish i gotten 24s and left it lower.
I was running 26’s in Oregon and eventually hit a pothole in the Winter. It was dark and raining hard so I didn’t see it. Bent the wheel. I bought a set of 22” reps for the Winter after that.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here's my first attempt on the door handles. I started with mazdawg's dimensions and tweaked it a little. I'm still not super happy with them. The edges of the black don't really follow the contours of the handles as well as I'd like. The edges need to be curved to do that. Mine are basically tapered rectangles now. I just did the passenger side for now. It may grow on me. Or I may remove them. In the meantime, I can take advantage of conflicting eyewitness reports, lol.

20190127_171014.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here's my first attempt on the door handles. I started with mazdawg's dimensions and tweaked it a little. I'm still not super happy with them. The edges of the black don't really follow the contours of the handles as well as I'd like. The edges need to be curved to do that. Mine are basically tapered rectangles now. I just did the passenger side for now. It may grow on me. Or I may remove them. In the meantime, I can take advantage of conflicting eyewitness reports, lol.

View attachment 215026
looks pretty damn good to me.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I really like how the new LTZ handles look with their color matched inserts. Unfortunately they aren’t the same so I can’t swap them out to my older Tahoe. I came up with a decent alternative. I bought some Avery pearl white vinyl and added my own “inserts” to my chrome handles. I’m pretty stoked on how they came out.

View attachment 213924 View attachment 213925
Now that I've read several of your posts regarding what you've done, you seem to always figure out a way to make shit work. Admirable.

crotonevans

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 215026
your handles look good for a 10 footer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26