Changed order to accommodate constraints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drbeez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was told by my dealer if I change my order to get rid of sliding front console that would speed things along. For some reason my 6 digit order number changed. He said he I'll have the new number in a week. I am confused I thought my original order is set to that I initial order and as long as gm has not accepted the order yet you can make changes without affecting the order number. I am not sure if this new order number now resets the clock. Can someone who knows the system please educate us on the process

AgentOrange86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was told by my dealer if I change my order to get rid of sliding front console that would speed things along. For some reason my 6 digit order number changed. He said he I'll have the new number in a week. I am confused I thought my original order is set to that I initial order and as long as gm has not accepted the order yet you can make changes without affecting the order number. I am not sure if this new order number now resets the clock. Can someone who knows the system please educate us on the process
The sliding power console is gone for the foreseeable future. It was announced a week and a half ago and you can't even build it out on the site anymore. You aren't resetting the clock every time you make a change. It still all depends on what number in line you are at your dealership considering how many allocations they get that particular month. If you are say 5th in line at your dealership and they get 10 allocations that month then your order will be evaluated based on whether GM has the parts to make your vehicle. If so, then GM will send notice to dealer that they've accepted the order and you'll be on your way.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A new order number would start you at the bottom of the dealership's list IF they do not prioritize you back to your original spot. Yes, they have that leeway to do so.

OP
OP
D

Drbeez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The sliding power console is gone for the foreseeable future. It was announced a week and a half ago and you can't even build it out on the site anymore. You aren't resetting the clock every time you make a change. It still all depends on what number in line you are at your dealership considering how many allocations they get that particular month. If you are say 5th in line at your dealership and they get 10 allocations that month then your order will be evaluated based on whether GM has the parts to make your vehicle. If so, then GM will send notice to dealer that they've accepted the order and you'll be on your way.
But why would my order number change

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should not have. I did not bring that up because is sounds like bee-s . I changed my order from a 2wd to 4wd and SLT to Denali and kept the same order number. Lot of dealer mistruths popping up lately.

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be advised of the dirty little secret on dealer orders. The allocation number will tell all dealers exactly how many trucks/suvs GM will build for them over next few months. Unfortunately, this does not constrain the dealership from pre-selling more than the earned allocation and the dealer do this all the time as GM does not manage this process in any way. In other words, a dealer (knowing they only have two Yukon’s arriving within the next six months) can pre-sell 20 and simply tell the customer that the order has been put in. For the 18 customers who are at the bottom of the list, they are at the mercy of whatever story the dealer tells them regarding the production of the vehicle. Dealers are under no obligation to disclose how many of their earned allocations are spoken for when making pre-order sales. As such, many dealers don’t disclose this information to the customer because if they did, you would probably walk right out the door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094