Changed my order from RST to High Country?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealer called and said he received an allocation for the constrained High Country, and that if I changed from an RST to a High Country, and removed the sunroof (also constrained) and removed the black gloss wheels (also constrained), I could still get the 6.2 and he would use the allocation on my order and thinks it would be accepted and produced inside a month. Will cost me a few grand more. Otherwise it could be several more months.

The 6.2 and Dark Ash color were my “must haves” and the 6,2 is impossibly constrained on the RST for the foreseeable future. I plan to black out all the chrome and buy after market wheels anyways. I did want the sunroof, but not that badly.

The only thing that bugs me about the high county is the brass looking accents on the interior. Not sure I could do much about that.

Thoughts? Should I do it?
Awesome!

Got Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 3 Tahoe with sunroofs, never opened them, so I think its no boig deal for you.
To bad when you do build your own, that you can not have options on the HC that the RST offers and also the other way around.
I think I will wait it out for sometime before I think about the Tahoe purchase. I am looking at the new Caddy V coming out soon. Will be interesting what the build will be like. Starts at $110K, sure save some money going with the HC.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Dealer called and said he received an allocation for the constrained High Country, and that if I changed from an RST to a High Country, and removed the sunroof (also constrained) and removed the black gloss wheels (also constrained), I could still get the 6.2 and he would use the allocation on my order and thinks it would be accepted and produced inside a month. Will cost me a few grand more. Otherwise it could be several more months.

The 6.2 and Dark Ash color were my “must haves” and the 6,2 is impossibly constrained on the RST for the foreseeable future. I plan to black out all the chrome and buy after market wheels anyways. I did want the sunroof, but not that badly.

The only thing that bugs me about the high county is the brass looking accents on the interior. Not sure I could do much about that.

Thoughts? Should I do it?
Curious….did you ever think about going the Yukon Denali route at that point? I feel like when you’re getting to that price range, the Denali would be the way to go. That trim just looks incredible. I personally think the High Country looks worse than the RST

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious….did you ever think about going the Yukon Denali route at that point? I feel like when you’re getting to that price range, the Denali would be the way to go. That trim just looks incredible. I personally think the High Country looks worse than the RST
I did, but I really don’t like the front end, big grill look of the Yukon.

Honestly, the only thing I dislike about the High Country is the chrome trim, which is easily covered with vinyl, and the brass interior accents. Plus, I get the HUD display and the adaptive cruise on the HC.

Waiting to hear if my HC was produced last week as expected, and I’m hoping to see it in person in the next couple of weeks.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I did, but I really don’t like the front end, big grill look of the Yukon.

Honestly, the only thing I dislike about the High Country is the chrome trim, which is easily covered with vinyl, and the brass interior accents. Plus, I get the HUD display and the adaptive cruise on the HC.

Waiting to hear if my HC was produced last week as expected, and I’m hoping to see it in person in the next couple of weeks.

It’s kinda funny how we all have different likes for the looks. I just don’t like the High Country look that much. I feel like it’s not distinct enough. I prefer the RST looks to it. But that Denali to me is gorgeous

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s kinda funny how we all have different likes for the looks. I just don’t like the High Country look that much. I feel like it’s not distinct enough. I prefer the RST looks to it. But that Denali to me is gorgeous
Apparently GM did their research well…they seem to have something we all like. I too loved the front end of the Denali over the Suburban, but my main reason for going Denali was the availability of a light interior. I’m in the minority, but I don’t care for black interior, and the mocha on the HC I didn’t think would go well with Satin Steele…so I went GMC, after owning 2 tahoes and 3 suburbans…And, I actually got the Denali for less money than a HC…crazy, right?

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We all like what we like right? I love the front end of the gmc, with the at4 being the best looking overall of all the offerings. I'm definitely in the minority here of gmc folks but I don't really dig the huge in your face grill on the denali. I can certainly see its appeal but just not my thing.

As for the Chevy, IMO the front ends have too many funky angles going on and are not clean looking like the gmc. More aerodynamic I guess but big and boxy has always been my favorite styling of vehicles. GM lost its way after they did away with the squarebody in the early 90's...

Interior wise coming from light color in our '11 suburban, black was an absolute must have on the new rig. Anything but black would have been a deal breaker