Changed battery, shocks, and struts and now have all kinds of problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled all 4 fuses having to do with HVAC, and waited about a minute. Then I reinstalled them, turned the key to run, and waited for a minute. I did hear a bunch of light whirring and such coming from under the dash, which I assume was the actuators re calibrating themselves. Now everything "seems" to be working properly, although the passenger side blows weaker than the driver said. But this "might" have been the case prior to this fiasco.

I think I'm going to buy a Tech-2 since this is the third GM vehicle that I own that I think it would work on, and they are all at least 9 years old and have over 100,000 on them.

Thanks again for all the help.

Joe
if you have a laptop with windows 7 or 8/10 32bit you might get off cheaper with the "vxdiag" it is a usb adapter that comes with tech2win software and (should) perform the same as a tech2, but I haven't verified yet, I have the clone tech2 they run about $3 bills on ebay, the vxdiag runs about $100-120 (some are more but the same device), the tech2 is pretty convenient since it just plugs in and no need to cart a laptop around.

**edit on 2nd thought, the tech2win software may require a subscription I think I saw that noted on the listings. the tech2 would only take a $40 cost for 2yrs of updates per vin if you needed to program a calibration, but works out of the box at no other cost for technical uses.

IZZY_BRITTON

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack here but you guys have brought up some great points that have me scratching my head...

First. My Esky has the dumb SERVICE STABILITRACK message on the Speedo. If the OP does not have a vehicle equipped with said stabilitrack, why then is he getting a message when the ABS connector is unplugged?

I do have electric shocks and would like to know *********** the option in the bcm. Any suggestions would help.

I DO own a tech2 but I am unable to locate the function(s) for re-calibrating the HVAC. Where do you see this, or how do i get there?

Also, what is this 40$ for 2 years per vin thing you speak of? Obviously I am not familiar with my tech2 and would like to get to know it better. I was up to 18 gm vehicles 2000-2006, I am down to 12 now and knowing how to run/use the tech2 would be an advantage don't you think?

Any advice on these subjects would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Izzy

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stabilitrack is standard I don't think you get one without it, abs & stabilitrac work hand-in-hand, to "trick" the system into thinking everything is working normally you would need to install resistors on the electrical connectors, the $40 subscription is for tisweb services, which would allow you to install new calibrations on a single vin for 2yrs. the option to calibrate the hvac is under bcm, exactly where at the moment I don't recall but if you just poke around in there you will find it.

IZZY_BRITTON

Reaction score
I will look into this when I get home and I am able to find my tech2 lol

So now that I spent 40$ on the dumb subscription thing for 2 years... Yeah yeah I jumped the gun.... I find out that it is good for calibrations which are ultimately firmware updated for SOME of the modules, but will not actually let you edit any of the stuff in those modules and, again as mentioned, only SOME of the modules, the BCM of coarse the one I am most interested in, is NOT included in the list of modules based on the vin I supplied.

So on that note, all the stuff included will be up to date, not that there is anything wrong with it now.

Do you know of anyone that can program a BCM or know any place I can find accurate info on doing it myself? I would like to remove the dumb stabilitrack option out of the bcm entirely. I have the resisters installed by the previous owner but I am still getting am an error message on the info screen.

I know it can be done, I just done know how yet and would really like to learn how.

Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu