Change the color of your 00-02 Tahoe/Yukon AC control backlights with LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would be great if someone would offer up a service to change all of the dash lights and all of the other switches in the truck...like the widow and door lock switches. It would be nice to have all of my switches light up again.

did you read the post right above yours?

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay i just attempted this i just tried to do the 4 top lights i got 4 5mm leds from radio shack and 330ohm resistors and soldered them in just like he said and the first time i plugged the ac control in only the 2 right lights lit up so i figure okay i put one of the other bulbs in backwards wich one was on the second set that did not work i put the bulb with the resistor in backwards so i un soldered and turned it around then when i plugged in back in to test nothing works i can only turn the fan on and its on the defrost vent cant switch anything any ideas
now im gonna assume i fried the board somewhere along the line and i need a whole new a/c control
now my question when i get a new a/c unit can u tell me the specifics of the led lights and resistors used becuase when i went to radioshack threre was different wattages brightnesses there is like 3.7 volt blue led and a 5 volt and there is different wattage rated 330ohm resistors
also if anyone knows were i can get htat a/c control for an 02 tahoe cheap please holler

dmull

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will be doing this on my 2001 which has the temperature control dials. Does anyone one know if the bulbs are wired in series from the factory?

Juanalejandro23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey bro if you can message me I'm interested to see if you can do mine just like that I'll send you some $$ if you can please get back to me thanks

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I put a pair of 5mm bulbs to 3 button cells to see how bright they are and then I soldered the resistors exactly as you did I got 200 Ohn resistors and the one with resistors was much dimmer. What is the purpose behind the resistors.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to pull off the rotary knobs from the HVAC control unit. The radio knobs came off fairly easily. Am I missing something here? When you "carefully pried off" the control knobs, did you use a tool, or just your hands?

I'm just sticking with replacement incandescent bulbs, but I can't get that unit open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec