Change out SSV Suspension Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeauDuke45

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Got a new-to-me 2012 SSV and want to smooth out the ride a bit. Right now its a little stiff (I actually picked up some heavy whipping cream at the grocery store, and by the time i got home, it was whipped cream, honest truth).

I did some digging and found that the tahoe has RP codes 7BP for suspension, YD5 & 6 for front and rear springs (base). What i would like to do is make it ride nice and smooth, since it will be a grocery getting for the next 2 decades.

So the help i am looking for is what parts do i need to swap out for a nice smooth ride to carry around eggs in the back without breaking them on the way home. I dont think the combo listed above lowers or raises the tahoe, but figured i'd ask the experts on here for some more guidance. I would like to keep the 'stock' height, which i believe it is at currently (i know this may vary because it was an SSV vs a regular LS).

Thanks folks!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In 2009 and 2010, GM offered the Tahoe and Yukon in XFE versions for extra fuel economy. Among their modifications was a lowered ride height and aluminum components to save weight. They sat like your PPV/SSV but used the 17, 18 or 20 inch wheels.

Their front shocks are 540-460/20765171 and the rears are 540-576/20833776.

I believe the springs they use are the same as yours.

Here is an XFE VIN that you can run through ACDelco's website to compare parts with yours if you like:

1GKEC33369R280637

https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/catalog/catalog_search.php

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was your ssv used for? I was under the impression they had civilian suspension under them.

Mine was upfitted for border patrol use so it had lift springs under it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts