Ceramic Coating/Clear Vinyl Wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they were over embellishing they would be trying to tell you that it does protect against rock chips not that it doesn’t...

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be pretty cheap if you do it yourself but it can cost thousands if you pay to have it done. The paint has to be corrected first and is extremely labor intensive. That is the bulk of the cost. I have a short wheel base and have at least 20 actual hours into correcting my paint before I applied the ceramic coating. I already had a clay mitt and clay lubricant. Megs 105/205 plus a few worn out pads was probably $100 and I already owned a Flex polisher. I used Adams coating which was $100 for the bottle plus a little more for one-time-use towels and applicators.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious how much does a ceramic coating cost?
It also depends on which type of coating you’re going after. Entry level one year coatings can be had for relatively inexpensive either DIY, or via a professional detailer that can apply it. Higher 3 year and 5 year coatings, like the products from ceramicpro, Which are the best in the industry in my opinion, can run anywhere from a grand or more depending on which coating is done. But those have to be done by a certified, Via the brand company, detailer and that’s where the expense is. Like said above^ the vehicle had to undergo a clay detail and paint correction before the costing can be applied.

OP
OP
PauliePucks

PauliePucks

Reaction score
I had the entire front end done with expel when I bought my 19 yuk then had the whole thing ceramic coated. Helps with all those rock chips. Especially if you’re on NJT or similar roads. Pricey but well worth it. Stop at a few tint shops they do it all the time, I had mine done at one and was very pleased with the results. Can’t even tell it’s on there. I did bumper, hood, fenders, a pillars and a strip on the roof plus the headlights and fogs iirc. View attachment 260529
Got a quote today for $900 for 4 year ceramic coating bumper to bumper including wheels. Contemplating hard...

OP
OP
PauliePucks

PauliePucks

Reaction score
Got a quote today for $900 for 4 year ceramic coating bumper to bumper including wheels. Contemplating hard...
I should add I’m an LEO and father of 4 kids ages 1, 5, 7. & 14. My wife would hem me up if I was waxing the car every weekend
That’s a really good price for a 4 year coating!!
I know...but sometimes if something is too good to be true it usually is...I’m waiting to hear back from him on what product he plans on using. It’s also a mobile detail place that a friend of mine (has 2 lambos and a Ferrari - would think he’d know best) recommended. I’ll update when I hear back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys