Ceramic coat questions to ask

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buffalown

Reaction score
I am finally going to pick up the Tahoe today after ordering in December. I just got a quote of $1200 for a ceramic coat with paint enhancement. They type of coating is Pearl Nano 5 year hydroponic and 10 year gloss. Does anyone have any thoughts on this type of ceramic coat and if this is a reasonable price? any thoughts would be appreciated

JLMBT

Reaction score
Did you or do you plan to install paint protection on the entire bumper, side mirrors, part of the hood or the whole hood, fenders etc...if so then do ceramic at home on your own $1200 seems too much...if you don't add paint protection film..then maybe $1200 is reasonable...I highly recommend PPF first.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get ALL pain’t correction first……They will…or at least should CllayBar down to the clear coat, apply scratch, swirl remover, polishing, buffing, and if necessary cutting compound to make sure they can get the paint as cloaks to factory fresh as possible….Then apply the Ceramic Coating, I you are considering ClearBra do it become the ceramic coating. Even with CC I strongly recommend ClearBra on the leading edges of hood, front fascia, fenders, A pillar and in my case I even installed on mirror caps and leading edges of the roof.

A decent ceramic installer should tell you about the correction first. My case he did and it took a day and a half for the CC but looks great. Alll I have to do for upkeep is a…”14 Day” wash/rinse and apply the CC upkeep while still wet and dry per instructions……shaded area and early morning before water has a chance to dry and cause water spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak