Center stack/console noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All true. I still think contacting GM customer care is your best bet. Dealers seem to get the idea when GM is involved. I just hate you spending the money on a 19 then trading for a 20 that’s messed up. Let me invite a few guys that may be of more help. @SnowDrifter @iamdub @Galante @swathdiver @kbuskill and others will know who’s a GM TECH here.

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wound up getting the new emblem that they messed up, new push pins for the sight shield (radiator support cover) and I just took a check for $400. I figure what's done can't be undone so I might as well not make myself miserable any longer. I knew I was rolling the dice having them change out parts on a new truck and they didn't roll my way. First and last time I try this. Lesson learned though, I'll never let a dealer do anything but roll my new vehicle off the carrier from here on out. Thanks for all the input.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
All true. I still think contacting GM customer care is your best bet. Dealers seem to get the idea when GM is involved. I just hate you spending the money on a 19 then trading for a 20 that’s messed up. Let me invite a few guys that may be of more help. @SnowDrifter @iamdub @Galante @swathdiver @kbuskill and others will know who’s a GM TECH here.
'Preciate the vote of confidence but I just horsed around at an indy shop for a stint a few years back and do DIY stuff. Haven't touched the newer rigs

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I took the dash apart a couple of times and put felt everywhere things contact each other. I could not find whatever was rolling around somewhere in the dash on starts, stops, and turns. It continued to drive me mad hearing this thing rolling around. So I took it to a mall parking lot and was just whipping the steering wheel back and forth as quick as I could and flooring it and braking hard. I could hear it rolling then on one hard turn it stopped. It has stopped before only to return a day or so later. Today I open up the passenger door and I see a bolt laying on top of the floor mat. The threads don't look like they have ever been in contact with anything. I am hoping this is what's been driving me nuts. It would be a real lucky break if I got it to roll out of wherever it was. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.b1.jpg b2.jpg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great plan. That looks like a body panel bolt maybe from a fender or inner fender? Curious to see if you’re missing one. Sorry you’ve had a tough time with a new rig. Hopefully that’s it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout