Center console shifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why go half way? I wanna see a manual shifter for the transfer case too! (I know, needs the manual transfer case for this...)

International Scout shifter.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Why go half way? I wanna see a manual shifter for the transfer case too! (I know, needs the manual transfer case for this...)

View attachment 249803
Had a manual transfer case in my Blazer--Loved it!! Had it for years, til the trans gave out--which was my fault--Only failure was a broken eyelet in the cable. It was a cheap and uncomplicated easy fix.

wast3dd3ath

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With the trailblazer shifter how much did you cut of the tray between sub boxand cup holder?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
BTW for anyone interested in doing this, here is the GM part number for the manual transmission steering column shroud to eliminate the shift lever hole.

Since I got the Trailblazer shifter off ebay, I don't know that part number.

Other modifications
Touchscreen computer in the console (nav, music, OBD diags)
Wireless charger in console lid
OEM dual battery
110V power
OEM transmission temp gauge
Rear hatch lighting (OEM dome light w/o reading lights)
Footwell lighting (why did GM ever delete this??)
Console compartment lighting
DRL-Fog-Highbeam mod (diodes on BCM method)
Hidden antenna
How'd you modify the lower console plate to accept that big touchscreen tablet. Looks good.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How'd you modify the lower console plate to accept that big touchscreen tablet. Looks good.
I fabricated a bezel out of 1/4" ABS sheet to replace the pockets that were in the console. A lot of bending with a heat gun, dremeling, solvent welding with MEK and sanding. It's an 8 inch Samsung Galaxy tablet that is clipped to the back of the bezel. I built a USB circuit that keeps it charged whenever the ACC power is on and it flips to USB camera input when the backup lights are on. I've also got a bluetooth OBD hardwired in so that I can duplicate all of the gauges plus some that the cluster doesn't have, and I managed to work out the PIDs for the TPMS so that I can display all of the tire pressures all at once. It's also tied into the AUX in on the Bose system so I can send music from it to the speakers. And of course it can run much better Nav than the TNR radio I put in from an Escalade. That was a little tricky though. The tablet didn't get a very good GPS signal down there, so I installed a GPS repeater with a receiving antenna under one of the rear vent appliques and put the transmitter antenna under the dash. Took quite a while to work it all out, but it's well integrated now. It comes out of sleep when the key is turned on and goes into sleep mode when the ACC power is off.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That pic in post #9 was when I still had the Windows XP touchscreen in it. I've had the Galaxy tablet installed for 2-3 years now. This is the Galaxy.

IMG_20190423_215535336.jpg

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a few of the screens of the gauges and info pulled through the OBD interface.

Image2.jpg Image3.jpgImage4.jpg

That last pic makes the top view of the Tahoe look white, in person it is dark gray, similar to the actual color of my Tahoe.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That pic in post #9 was when I still had the Windows XP touchscreen in it. I've had the Galaxy tablet installed for 2-3 years now. This is the Galaxy.

View attachment 250294
Here are a few of the screens of the gauges and info pulled through the OBD interface.

View attachment 250295 View attachment 250296View attachment 250297

That last pic makes the top view of the Tahoe look white, in person it is dark gray, similar to the actual color of my Tahoe.
That is pretty damn cool. Wish I knew how to do that! Great job--handy too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne