Center console question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jbirdstruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I ordered a used console got the trim pieces, rear cubby, drink holder, but when I go to install the black box on the floor prevents the console from moving forward far enough (about one inch)!! Has anyone else had this problem or know of a fix other than cutting out a notch in the bottom of the console so it fits?

Baddawg

Reaction score
I'm interested in this topic, wish I had a console.
What is the black box that gets in the way? Is that something that is only on the PPV / SSV models?

Thanks!

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in this topic, wish I had a console.
What is the black box that gets in the way? Is that something that is only on the PPV / SSV models?

Thanks!
That is the roll-over sensor. It'll tell you when you're on your roof. :anitoof:

I had to trim some of the bottom plastic away from the base of our console so it would fit around the sensor properly. It depends on the vintage of the console, though.

Also, feel around under the mat near that sensor. You may find a harness. IIRC, there have been others on this list noting they found a harness that just plugged into their replacement console that at least let them get power to the in-console USB socket. Worth a try, but I wouldn't expect much.