Center Console KEY???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
It should be pretty easy to change with a few screws to take out underneath the lid. The tahoe may be a little different.

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a dream junkyard today that had right at 30 tahoes in our bodystyle plus 15-20 more in the bodystyle before ours. I didn't think about that lock or I could have got one today but the hard part would be gettin lucky and finding the key still in the truck. I found out that I have the hardest interior to replace, out of all those hoes none had the light grey door panels with tan arm rest/handle piece.

Grebbler

Parts is parts...
Reaction score
Curious and not having a key for my '02 '**, either, I looked into it. The lid halves are glued together.

I am gonna post the He Man method of solving this dilemma (with pics) so should I post it in this thread or start another somewhere?

Ed

wx646

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same problem, got my car used and it didn't come with a console key. I tried a few different locksmiths with no luck. Called the stealership, a guy in the parts dept said to replace the whole console assembly for about $200. I finally went to a locksmith that specializes in auto keys and remotes, he had to special order it, and he charged me $30 for the original blank and $2 for a copy. Total - $16 each, not too bad I think. The key looks like a mailbox key, yellow metal with the word CONSOLE on one side, and with the code CON1 underneath on the same side. Hope that helps.

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
Did you try Cochran in Monroeville, The GM parts guys are pretty decent and helpful, they have helped me out a couple times with info, just make sure you have your vin# other wise they wont even continue

qaz5eng

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
on my 02 i have the locking center console. however i bought the hoe used and never got the key for it. i called the dealer to see about getting the key and they told me id have to replace the entire console and of course the price was outrageous. has anyone got a replacement key made or replaced the lock on one of these before????
I went to a locksmith and had them key it my ignition/door key. Cost me $35 and I did’nt have to install it.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to add to this 9 yr old thread, when i had my nbs and lost the entire key ring remote etc, my locksmith matched up my single console key to yes, a maibox key.....99 cents later, done...

Firewolf

Reaction score
I got replacement keys off eBay. I searched for gm console keys, and then gave them the 3 digit code engraved on the cylinder. Was like $10 I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep