Cell phone mounts, who uses what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That really looks bigger in your pics, like "in yo face" bigger, lol. :)

That's my little Samsung S4 mini. In the other cup holder it was too close and blocking access to center console controls and view of nav unit. Moved it over and adjusted it so that my arm can lay on the console/arm rest and hand can manipulate the phone as needed. Back and forth to Bible Study tonight, seems good so far as set up.

What dash mat is that?? It lays down WAY better than my $30 pimp ****.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2013-...h=item2cc0a774c5:g:6msAAOSwyQtVxsog:rk:3:pf:0

This is the ebay seller I purchased mine from two years ago. RZ's Custom Dash Covers. Paid $38 back then. Previous to this and all the way back into the 1980s I'd used Dash Mats but they had a seven week wait and well, I didn't want to wait. Am well pleased with this.

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
That's my little Samsung S4 mini. In the other cup holder it was too close and blocking access to center console controls and view of nav unit. Moved it over and adjusted it so that my arm can lay on the console/arm rest and hand can manipulate the phone as needed. Back and forth to Bible Study tonight, seems good so far as set up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2013-...h=item2cc0a774c5:g:6msAAOSwyQtVxsog:rk:3:pf:0

This is the ebay seller I purchased mine from two years ago. RZ's Custom Dash Covers. Paid $38 back then. Previous to this and all the way back into the 1980s I'd used Dash Mats but they had a seven week wait and well, I didn't want to wait. Am well pleased with this.
Does it fasten down or just lay on the dash?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Spoolin

Reaction score
My friend and I both have the scosche magic mount. Uses the thin, grey foam 3M body molding adhesive on it. Works great and is nice on the blank panel by the traction control switch of 06 Z-71 Tahoe. He uses his on his center console of his Silverado SS and his F-150 and has tank of his Harley.

If anyone lives in Florida, I saw a package with a pair mounts and a charger at BJ’s club for $29.99. But Unfortunately both are the suction cup style mounts instead of the adhesive.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine lays about as flat as a mountain range. If John Denver were still with us he'd sing about it.

Try putting a hair dryer to it.

Made another run today and was able to use a phone app pretty easily and could see the screen well enough. So far so good. Using the built in charging ports which are 2.1A each instead of 2.4A in my cigar lighter adapters.

06 Yukon XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two vertical strips of Velcro to the left of display screen. Cost a $1.00 to install. Also used this on my former 06

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts