Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlueLB756

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it all boils down to whether you want "arm candy" or one that can cook really good.
Your choice; your money.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RE:CACC You have to change out the metallic filter element as supplied in the original and replace it with some non-metallic filter material found at Lowe's and replace that drain with a 1/8"NPT ball valve. Ends up looking like this:
View attachment 208181
Thanks for the idea. I've got a spare separator at home. Time to get to work.

BigBlueLB756

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And,...........Going back to the OP's first post, it would be VERY unwise not to return your vehicle to it's original factory tune that you have stored in your particular after-market hand-held tuner, because if when you take your vehicle in for dealership service and they decide to update with the latest factory tune, you end up with the equivalent of an iphone 3. Your tuner is now totally useless because it has the old factory tune stored and will be blocked to further tunes. Plus, it's still "married" to your vehicle and you can't sell it.

Always return to the stock tune before taking her in.
Based on true-life experience.

Last edited:

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always return to the stock tune before taking her in.
Based on true-life experience.

That sounds ominous.

Just for grins, I went ahead and ordered another pcv tube (my 5.3l- #12619982) to cut apart, so that I can use the stock quick disconnects. For $20 and change, I thought is was worth it.

Volvowith18psi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would anybody be so kind and post a picture their CC setup on the (2018) new 5.3? I'm super new to Chevy motors and looked real quick and it seems my 2018 has 2x vents but I think only one matters just not sure which one. My last motor also had two, but only one caught oil (the intake can was worthless)

I got this beauty ready to modify for install! I was going to sell it but no point.20180510_190713.jpg

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would anybody be so kind and post a picture their CC setup on the (2018) new 5.3? I'm super new to Chevy motors and looked real quick and it seems my 2018 has 2x vents but I think only one matters just not sure which one. My last motor also had two, but only one caught oil (the intake can was worthless)

Yeah, that's what I thought too. It seems that those are venting but not "the" venting that you want. The port that you want is a quick disconnect clip just about right under the throttle body. Presently, that has a tube clipped on it that then curves around the drivers side to about midway on the intake manifold, where it is also quick disconnect clipped on. This is on the 5.3L, I'm not sure about the 6.2L. I just received my spare, soon-to-be-cut-apart, tube, I'll take a pic of it later, when I get home. I'm not sure yet if I will just use the qd's off of it or use them and a section of the tube attached to them as well. When I complete the mod, I'll take more pics too.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's number 38 in this pic but, I'll get you a pic of the tube itself later too.image.jpeg

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got done early, here's a pic of the tube itself.

The end with the labels goes toward the manifold.

(Mine is laying upside down compared to one in the drawing above. Theirs is correct in the way that the one end curves)

image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98