Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really doubt that there is any significant performance difference between sources/brands of catch cans. I'd just buy the simplest, most complete kit you can find with a reasonable search.

I recommended UPR Products mainly because it's a well-made, complete solution---no wondering about brackets or hoses. Just buy it and install it.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time to revive and old(er) thread.

To make a short story long...

I changed the oil on my Tacoma today and I still get surprised by how much oil gets caught in the catch that I put on. And it was a fleabay cheapie (but it does have a drain). I guess it's time for one on the Yukon. So, I've seen the many choices and opinions. I definitely recommend one with a drain. Now, how about some pics and/or ideas of mounting locations.

TIA

BigBlueLB756

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll play.
Here's the Cheap-@$$ lowe's/homedepot/wallmart-based can that you can easily make yourself and works as well, if not better than the mega-buck commercial cans on the market. Of course, it's your choice.

100_0705.jpg

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll play.
Here's the Cheap-@$$ lowe's/homedepot/wallmart-based can that you can easily make yourself and works as well, if not better than the mega-buck commercial cans on the market. Of course, it's your choice.

Just an air-oil separator (filter), I presume?

BigBlueLB756

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RE:CACC You have to change out the metallic filter element as supplied in the original and replace it with some non-metallic filter material found at Lowe's and replace that drain with a 1/8"NPT ball valve. Ends up looking like this:
100_0730.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryndan99