Catch can routing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cammed Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2005 chevy Tahoe and I’m in the process of putting on an evil energy catch can.There is a hose on both sides of the motor that go from the valve covers to the intake do I need to hook both of them up or just the one on the drivers side? Thanks.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2005 chevy Tahoe and I’m in the process of putting on an evil energy catch can.There is a hose on both sides of the motor that go from the valve covers to the intake do I need to hook both of them up or just the one on the drivers side? Thanks.

Just the one on the driver side. The hose on the passenger side is clean air from after the air filter and upstream of the throttle body going IN to the crankcase (via the cylinder head). The one on the driver side is oily air going OUT of the crankcase and into the intake manifold, after the TB. That's the one you need to filter with the catch can.

Yes, there are instances where the passenger side hose gets reverse flow and pukes oil into the intake tract, ahead of the throttle body. But that's due to a problem in the PCV system, being boosted and/or LOTS of hard throttle/racing and a whole other topic.

ZEUS1

Reaction score
i Installed one on my 2010 Sierra, i just used a "T" adapter to pipe both sides into 1. This seems to be working great so far.

1690901613002.png

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i Installed one on my 2010 Sierra, i just used a "T" adapter to pipe both sides into 1. This seems to be working great so far.

View attachment 405146

Interesting.

That port on the passenger side is for fresh/filtered air to go IN to the crankcase. I wonder where it's pulling air from now. Or, maybe the flow is just kinda stalled? That would certainly reduce flow and, therefore, the amount of oil leaving the engine.

ZEUS1

Reaction score
you are correct, i did install mine wrong, it has been working fine so i guess i got lucky. here is a thread from the LS1 tech site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec