Catch can on a 2019?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So have they solved the problem of intake valves building up crud on the back side from crankcase fumes carrying vapors coming through the PVC system. I've read of baffles now in the valve cover. Would it be worthwhile to put an aftermarket catch can in the vacuum line? This is on a 2019 5.3, now with 6K miles. Don't want to wait much longer if it is needed.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wrong year subforum ;) maybe a mod can move it to '15-'20 section

yes it is a good idea on DI motors.
however you should check w/ the dealer that you go to... as some will be kind enough to void your warranty :(

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Suburban LT 5.3 and purchased a catch can for it. I keep vehicles to 200K+ so I viewed it as a good insurance policy. I bought a large one as they also collect water in the cold weather and don't want to worry about it filling up. I bought a higher end kit that has check valves, hose and the oem connectors. I plan on installing it after my first oil change next week and keeping the OEM hose. I will remove the catch can before any dealer service. There are many warnings in forums warning about the plastic fitting that the connectors mate to, especially the connector to the intake manifold. Here is a great thread on the Silverado forum on installation with diagrams.

https://www.silveradosierra.com/eco...can-for-2014-ecotec3-engines-t360513-430.html

OP
OP
tom3

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Kind of an exotic install on the truck. But I like the idea of buying a new line to replace anything that I'd have to cut up for the can install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094