Catch Can For Sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's cheap and easy extra filtration (more accurately- "coalescing") media that increases it's efficiency/effectiveness. I got right at 2.5 ounces of oil every time during every 5,000 mile OCI. Since adding the scrubber pad, I now consistently catch a solid 3 ounces.
Ah ok that makes sense! Thanks for the clarification! Where does it go? Sorry if that’s a dumb question I just have never done a catch can before so this is all new territory to me.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah ok that makes sense! Thanks for the clarification! Where does it go? Sorry if that’s a dumb question I just have never done a catch can before so this is all new territory to me.

The scrubber pad has a hole in the center like a donut, you just have to dig for it a little. You slip it over that black tube in the center of the top part of the catch can, then screw the reservoir body onto the top part. You'll have to keep pushing the fibers in to clear the threads, but you'll eventually get it started and can screw it together. Having the ball valve to drain is a huge convenience.

I have the same catch can and mounted it next to the alternator. Easy to reach and plenty of space underneath for a drain cup.

1f72ef36-94c4-4803-91fd-00be173a4cb8_zpsxnvsywns-jpg.177373

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The scrubber pad has a hole in the center like a donut, you just have to dig for it a little. You slip it over that black tube in the center of the top part of the catch can, then screw the reservoir body onto the top part. You'll have to keep pushing the fibers in to clear the threads, but you'll eventually get it started and can screw it together. Having the ball valve to drain is a huge convenience.

I have the same catch can and mounted it next to the alternator. Easy to reach and plenty of space underneath for a drain cup.

1f72ef36-94c4-4803-91fd-00be173a4cb8_zpsxnvsywns-jpg.177373
How did you mount by the alternator? Did you drill a hole for the bolt?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what I thought but wasn’t sure! Looks like that’ll work on mine too! That’s for the reply!

I was trying to find a current pic, but it was faster to just go out to the shop. I used the alternator mounting bolt. Just backed it out, passed it through the catch can mount, and tightened it back in place. The ring/hex part that goes around the can to hold it is facing forward.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trying to find a current pic, but it was faster to just go out to the shop. I used the alternator mounting bolt. Just backed it out, passed it through the catch can mount, and tightened it back in place. The ring/hex part that goes around the can to hold it is facing forward.
Awesome! Exaclty what I’m doing! Haha