Catalytic Converter...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well, I'm happy to report it's not carbon monoxide. My detector came and I left in the running car for about 10 minutes and it came back with 0 PPM. I really don't think I have a leak but I'm going to test it as you suggested above anyway. I was under it last night it all looked great. Let's just hope I'm getting the flu. ;)

Thanks again for the suggestion Ron!

Inner ear infection causing mild vertigo????

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well, I'm happy to report it's not carbon monoxide. My detector came and I left in the running car for about 10 minutes and it came back with 0 PPM. I really don't think I have a leak but I'm going to test it as you suggested above anyway. I was under it last night it all looked great. Let's just hope I'm getting the flu. ;)

But why is the problem only when you drive your rig? You have done so much to improve that rig it should be very happy and keep you safe instead of causing you to feel sick.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That's the same thing I am thinking but this seems like a lot of driving to burn all that off. If that was the case, I would have had customers drive vehicles home after I did repairs that complained of the same thing. I didn't.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

One thing to keep in mind is a moving car has much different air flow paths than a parked car. Sitting in an open area parked will not simulate the air flow you have when rolling down the highway.

In addition to what Ron suggested, make sure your rear hatch is latched all the way. Also, might put the CO detector in the car while your driving and see if the readings are different.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm still having this issue where I drive it and I just feel a bit dizzy and crappy. It's been driving me crazy and makes me not want to drive it. It's not carbon monoxide but I still don't know what it is.

Today I started looking at the part that I ordered and I'm hoping I found my answer. I had bought it on my phone after clicking on the link that Ron put at the beginning of this thread. The phone being small and all I didn't notice that he linked a converter for a 2002 Tahoe. Mine is a 2005 and it bolted right up but a Walker 50511 says it's not compatible with my year. That's all I can think it is. It's totally my fault again for being too eager....again!

So do y'all think? Is it possible that the wrong part could cause this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792