Catalytic Converter...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, is there a musty moldy smell when the AC first kicks on? If so, there is a procedure for cleaning out the heater core under your dash. You might want to start a new thread about that and get the guys in to help who have BTDT.

Actually, I just changed the heater core myself about 6 weeks ago. I have a thread for that here. While I was in there I changed out the AC evaporator core with a new one. I haven't charge the system yet though, I was going to wait till it got hotter. I don't smell anything strange when the heater or the AC is on at this point. the funny thing is, none of this was happening until I just changed out the catalytic converter last week. :/

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Actually, I just changed the heater core myself about 6 weeks ago. I have a thread for that here. While I was in there I changed out the AC evaporator core with a new one. I haven't charge the system yet though, I was going to wait till it got hotter. I don't smell anything strange when the heater or the AC is on at this point. the funny thing is, none of this was happening until I just changed out the catalytic converter last week. :/

Know a bit about that thread. That repair was interesting. I can only assume you cleaned out the heater core and evap box when you did all that. When you had the cowl off did you clean that all out as well?

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Know a bit about that thread. That repair was interesting. I can only assume you cleaned out the heater core and evap box when you did all that. When you had the cowl off did you clean that all out as well?

Oh yeah, I cleaned it out really well. I'm starting to think that I'm not having a problem with the emissions system. I think I'm narrowing down on the issue but I'm going to start another thread for that because it doesn't have anything to do with catalytic converters.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I cleaned it out really well. I'm starting to think that I'm not having a problem with the emissions system. I think I'm narrowing down on the issue but I'm going to start another thread for that because it doesn't have anything to do with catalytic converters.

Well, this should be interesting! Never a dull moment with Mike and his rig. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT