Catalytic between four and two door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

floater

Reaction score
I'm wondering if a four doors cat would fit a two doors? I have a 98 Tahoe and i'm getting the P0420 code repeatedly now. My brother has four four door Tahoes for parts. I recently had a P0300 and one cylinder was misfiring and I wasn't able to get home till about 500 km of driving. I'm figuring I drowned the cat with unburned gas.

GoToGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm wondering if a four doors cat would fit a two doors? I have a 98 Tahoe and i'm getting the P0420 code repeatedly now. My brother has four four door Tahoes for parts. I recently had a P0300 and one cylinder was misfiring and I wasn't able to get home till about 500 km of driving. I'm figuring I drowned the cat with unburned gas.
Have you worked the codes and made repairs as needed? Cleared and run at load and speed to work the cats?

OP
OP
F

floater

Reaction score
Been driving it and clearing codes and it keeps coming back. I have a very large hole in the muffler and don't know if this will affect the operation of the Cats? I'm getting the exhaust replaced from behind the Cats to the back with dual in and dual out just like it is now but with new pipes. I'm just wondering if i should just replace the front y pipe and cats now before that work gets done.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new catted y pipe off rockauto isnt too bad on price and you can feel more comfortable that your not going to have to replace it again anyway.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Go to Walker Exhaust or GMPartsDirect and look up both vehicles. Our GMT900s are the same across all platforms with the same engines.

OP
OP
F

floater

Reaction score
I took a look under a 98 Suburban and the front pipe is the exact one I have. I will remove that one and install it when it warms up. Thanks for the info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh