Cat delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was getting codes for my bank 2 cat. Even after new sensors. Well I cut them off 2 days ago an I cannot stand driving my Tahoe now. I have a flow master 40 dumped before the axle an Its always sounded good. Well not now cutting the cats off made it raspy an just sound like straight shit. An its weaker. I didnt think that would happen but it's way sluggish an the gas mileage has went to shit. So I'm looking at new cats now. I learned my lesson on this. Did not think it would affect it this much. It's terrible. Don't do it. An btw I did stack 2 foulers together and havent had a engine light since cutting them off so the foulers do work.

Magnaflow Cats and Y-Pipe. Too little pressure messed with scavenging effects and killed your low end torque. @kbuskill Ken here went a different route with great results, still no cats and not too loud.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your cutting the cats out and don't have inspections then I would just have the rear o2 tuned out. plus side is that you can tune out some other things also and wake the truck up a bit.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your cutting the cats out and don't have inspections then I would just have the rear o2 tuned out. plus side is that you can tune out some other things also and wake the truck up a bit.
I'm not having a problem with the 02s. I used foulers and havent had a cel. my buddy can also tune them out. My problem is I cant stand the way it sounds. I'm just gonna put some cats back in

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took 40" of muffler to quiet mine back down after removing the cats.

1w2uum.jpg

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had my cats removed (they were clogged), used some ebay antifoulers and have had no issues. you do notice more sound and smell but i love the sound and the performance is amazing (especially coming from clogged cats, the truck felt like i was towing a house constantly).

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Cancer.:signs16: Apparently it has precious metals that attract thieves that go on and sell it. So, if you do take it off you could potentially sell the precious metals such as platinum, palladium, and rhodium.

I like loud trucks, but kept my cats on. Cancer. :signs16:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts